***bike Almost Done, Need Help!!***

GoldenMotor.com

bowlersp

Jun 29, 2008
ok, so i am pretty much done with everything. i went to try to pedal the bike and it was very hesitant and very hard to even pedal, also i can hear the piston in the engine and i haven't added the gas and oil mixture yet.

is it supposed to be this hard to bike? i haven't installed the clutch cable to the lever yet. i figure i could just flip on the clutch lever when i want to get it going.

attached is a photo, do i need to hook this up in order for the bike to run? or can i just turn the lever? thanks for the help!!

Attachments

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
ok, so i am pretty much done with everything. i went to try to pedal the bike and it was very hesitant and very hard to even pedal, also i can hear the piston in the engine and i haven't added the gas and oil mixture yet.

is it supposed to be this hard to bike? i haven't installed the clutch cable to the lever yet. i figure i could just flip on the clutch lever when i want to get it going.

attached is a photo, do i need to hook this up in order for the bike to run? or can i just turn the lever? thanks for the help!!
You could try and direct drive a 50/70 or whatever it is, but you wont get far. Those engines are clutched for a reason.

You need to attach the clutch up and here is a short methodology for starting

Cold.

Choke on
petrol on
clutch disengaged
- If you spin the rear wheel at this point you will not hear the characteristic 'blupping' from the engine turning over with compression.
ride away from a standstill to a reasonable speed
clutch engaged
engine will spin up and hopefully fire
when engine fires disengage clutch and pedal for a little while to let the motor warm up
re-engage clutch and twist throttle for speed as required

remember you need a high oil petroil mixture for run in and check and recheck bolts and fixings pre ride - every ride

jemma xx

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
x2 what jemma says. You need to have that cable hooked up so you can control the clutch...it's definitely not an on/off kind of thing. Clutch lever pulled in and the bike will pedal almost like normal. Out and it's gonna be hard to pedal and the motor will turn.

I do it a bit different than jemma said. I pick up the back of the bike via the seat and with the clutch out and my other hand on the throttle, "kick" the pedal down to spin the engine and get it to fire. Twist the throttle to keep it going, then pull in the clutch and lock it and let it sit and warm up. Easier to monkey with the choke when you're not riding the bike.

smokinbenrage

May 18, 2008
I do it a bit different than jemma said. I pick up the back of the bike via the seat and with the clutch out and my other hand on the throttle, "kick" the pedal down to spin the engine and get it to fire. Twist the throttle to keep it going, then pull in the clutch and lock it and let it sit and warm up. Easier to monkey with the choke when you're not riding the bike.
I've tried to do the same thing with picking the rear wheel up and "kick" starting the engine but i can't even get the engine to fire. I can't even get the pedal to move. How are you able to get it to work for you?

thanks,

ben

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
i hope you arent turning the motor over without fuel as the lubricant is in the fuel. seek answers in search before going any farther because you might ruin it, check clutch, clutch adjustment, look at pictures of the clutch arm position. sometimes it takes three hands to adjust cable on clutch arm. let us know.