very excited

GoldenMotor.com

Indybiker

Mar 9, 2010
Indiana
I discovered bike engins a few weeks ago. Got on several different web sites, and got to thinking that since I love to tinker and love unusual gadgets this might be for me. Now the only problem was convincing my wife. I devised myself a plan that made so much sense even to me that it was scary. I reasoned to my wife that seing as how I only live four miles from the factory that I could invest a little money and save alot over the course of the summer. Now my dodge 2500 4x4 gets about 11 miles to the gallon on a good day, that is when it is warmed up, four miles does not warm up a 5.9 gas engin. My motorized bicycle can get 100 to 150 miles per gallon. I will save at least $600 per year. I told her that I can pay for the engin kit and a used bike in less than a month. Needless to say I have a engin kit ordered and should be here any day now. I am VERY EXCITED about this project.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum Indybiker, glad you joined us.

In 2004 I started commuting on my MAB to work, it was not long before the saving of fuel cost paid for my bike and engine. I have been commuting to work ever since everyday rain or shine, freezing cold or brutally hot. And I love every minute of it.

.wee.

kbot6789

Feb 26, 2010
sahurita arizona
i have an 03 dodge slt quad cab with the 5.7 in it i feel ya man i also have a 84 nissan 300zx with the v6 but then i built my bike and i use it more then anything as a comuter i use my truck for hualin my car for groceries and my bike for fishin trips and so on i average about 33 miles a day on my bike about half a tank if i did that in my truck or car its an arm or leg i got 300 miles on my bike and i paid $27 bucks for my bike from a pawn shop.. hagha and $119 for my engine kit i think its one of the best investments yet

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
Rotflmao, i love the wifey stories, sound familiar. Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will be happy with your decision, but like before mentioned, watch out these are addictive, next thing ya know you will be trying to come up with a reason to tell the wifey why you need 2 or 3 of these,lol. Stick around here and read around and you will have no problems solving the minor issues. I reccomend reading, and re reading the pre motorized information.

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
Welcome! These things are fun... They seem to have less mileage than advertised- Oh well. An expansion pipe adds power and i heard it saves some gas, too.