Traveling Builder

GoldenMotor.com
Jan 23, 2010
Tennessee
My name is Mark.

After the 80cc bike I bought from the builder broke where the builder drilled thru the frame to mount the motor, I decided sell it and to build a new one using my Nashiki Blazer. Photos of the finished project are attached.

I'm glad I read a few posts here before ordering. I also looked over the vendors information too. I think the dual-brake-throttle grip is a must for all motorbike builds using bikes with hand brakes. I'm also glad I upgraded to the 415 chain.

My brother-in-law and I finished it in less than a day, working on it off and on. I think the instructions said the sprocket had to go shiny side in. Whatever it said, the longest part of the build was the "wheel assembly, wheel unassembly, sprocket flip, wheel reassembly step". .spr.

I think it looks good all in black. My brother-in-law who claims to have southern ingenuity says I can fix the white wire ties with a sharpie.

I am looking forward to reading about stuff here, including about airleaks where the carb attaches, disk breaks.

I hope to build several more motorbikes.

If it aint broke, you must have been wearing your helmet.

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome TravelingBikeBuilder, glad you joined us.

Nice work (^) Your bike looks great. Never believe what those instructions in the kit say. You never know which way the sprocket is gonna go until you try mounting it one way or the other. Looks like you did a great job and Thanks for sharing your build with us.

It does look like you may want to tighten the chain up a little, 1/2 to 3/4" slack in the chain seems to work the best. I could be wrong, kinda hard to tell from the photos.

.wee.

Last edited: