mountain/crusier

GoldenMotor.com

tecker

May 31, 2008
what do you think is better a mountaion bike at $60.00 or a crusier at$99.00 the crusier has to have some kind of ajustment my knees almost hit the handle bars and it feels like I`m real close to them the mountain bike is a little smaller and a seat that would ride up your ass so a new seat is a must an the fact that being bent forward might be a problem both are steel frames crusier is the moon dog at wallys and the mountain is at target thanks every one for your answers to all my other questions later

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
There are tractor style seats that are very inexpensive and comfortable at k mart and wall-e- world. A $5.00 scrambler style handle bar solves the hunched over problem.

I recommend front shocks of some kind and a shock absorbing seat post.

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
I am partial to cruisers but its your bike and the decision is yours. I would say that whichever bike you choose, you want it to be comfortable and fit you well. You will be spending alot of time on your bike and if you are not comfy it will take away from your ride. I'll also say from personal experience that a bike that is too small will get old very quickly and you won't enjoy your ride nearly as much...Kelly

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
I REALLY like the cruisers! (incase you can't tell from looking at my website!) :D
Venice - your site is not coming up.

Please sign up for the demo of my service, AreWeOnline.com > Home and I'll hook you up for free. Just let me know when you sign up so I can upgrade you. If you like it, just tell people about it - or join the affiliate program, make some money, and fly my banner. It's all good. :)

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
Venice - it finally came up.... it took a LONG time. But now I'm here drooling!

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I though I'd add my 2-cents here what ever you guys or gals buy for a bike weather its ridged framed or not e-bay has front supenssion forks for sale for around $15.00 to $20.00 includes shipping. the problem is getting them to fit your bike.
Using the inner goose neck parts off a wreaked bike that will match your bike you can weld up a stem to fit the new fork to go on your bike its a little bit of work but I've done 3 and glad I did makes the bike very nice to ride.
Also changing out seats and handlebars makes big changes for the better. I better add that smooth treated tires will make the ride more enjoyable I inflate them to the max pressure.
I also like the foam handlebar grips that sell for about $2.00 to $4.00 the cheaper the better.
Ride it like you stole it!:ride2:

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
I heard that the springers made for Schwinn 26" will fit the Kulana...that's what I picked up at Spooky's.

kidcrash

Sep 20, 2009
gainesville, fl
I picked up an old 24" girls cruiser for $5 at a local auction and put the bars and spring seat on my free mongoose mountain bike. Had to make shims for the smaller diameter bars to fit the neck with v brake cable running through.
Very comfortable now and looks good with the rubber sleeves.