Motor Assisted Bicycle Hall of fame

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
? motorized bicycle HALL OF FAME ? Just a thought. A place to document outstanding achevemnts and truly steller builds or actions buy motorbicyclists. Example: In the boardtrack section we have sportscarpat who just clamed the world record Bonniville salt flats speed for 175cc bicycle class. Also Dave31, Motorbicycleracing and Bardco for initiating and expanding a whole new ( or renewed from the 1920's ) form of motorbicycle racing Starting with continuations of the old Death Race to the newest venues in SoCal. Perhaps restrict this subsection to threads from mods and admin or apointed group after filtering and expanding existing or new threads. Discuss:

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ahhhh, Velo, you're just hoping someone will nominate that pretty green machine you just built. :)

Seriously, lets let your idea stew for a while and see what others might think. Personally I like it, but I'm just an underpaid peon.

The MotorBicycling Hall of Fame...has a nice ring to it, me thinks.
Tom

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Heh! Thanks Tom but I think my build and ones like it would / should be disqualified. I assembeled my bike out of parts I did not make but bought and sometimes modified. Im thinking of builds where most if not all is fabricated by the maker. Lurker's Vekst, Rebuilder's Flying Merkel. Dan Orabona's anything he built...and for outside the box thinking. Like Silverbears 1950 Schwinn American Flyer with sidecar. A 1/3 Grumman canoe sidecar? Honestly...Boggles the mind.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Sounds like a great idea Val.

I second this notion, but I propose that a vote from the citizens of this great forum should weigh heavily on the decisions of rank in the Hall of Fame.
Couldn't agree more GN. Think it should be 100% citizen vote.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Sports hall of famers are chosen by sports writers. Should motor bike HOF'ers be chosen by Motorbicycling.com members? Should we disqualify nominees involved in betting on motorbike races, taking performance enhancing drugs or dog fighting? How many can be inducted each year?
Seriously, a motorbike HOF sounds like a great idea.

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
As a ordinary regular novice member of your great community I nominate Norm as your first lifetime achievement hall of fame member. As you read thousands of pages of this forum you find that you heed the most advice from a select few. Not that the others are incompetent but rather what you learn that is successful always seems to come from a few true gurus. These Gurus should be honored.

Norms post and tutorials are the single best reference and weapon against my china girl. I believe thousands of other would agree. He should be honored and his bust cast in aluminum. LOL!

As i said there are select others but with fear of hurting others feelings for not being included i will not mention names. This is exactly the problem the hall of fame would have, jealousy, mockery, division, no credibility, you know the garbage like the Rock'n Roll hall of fame. It is a great idea but will need to be well thought out.

This is just my thoughts and musings.

Would Manic Mechanic be the Pete Rose of MB Hall of fame? His mechanical Drawings alone deserve accolade.