Serious working bike trailers

GoldenMotor.com

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
With a trailer like this one could do some hauling on a MB. My buddy also has a MB and there have been a few times he was on his motor bike and I was on a pedal bike, when we got to a hill I would grab the strap hanging from his backpack and he would tow me up the hill. He always said the motor pulled up the hill better when he was towing me. I had cause later to tow him up a few hills on my motor bike and he was right, these little motors pull better with some weight.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Thats pretty darn close to the one I saw. It was actually in a Art Gallery but they were closed so that was as close as I could get. I guess it was bike week for them cause they had lots of crazy bikes inside which I just could not get any pics of.

It's hard to tell from the pic but it was at least 5' long and had air tires. And you can see you would enter from the top. Do not know if it was really for sleeping or just a cool way to haul your cargo. Would be great for my dog's :D

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
Ah **** mine are better and anyone can make one.. Even a dumb ape like myself with a stick welder and 50 bucks or much less can make a stronger one. This is all GREAT stuff and hope to see more of it in time.

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
I was pulling a washing machine and many other things at once down an alley with flat tires (it happens often) last year when I heard a loud boom.. A lady had gone head on with a fire engine truck and left a baby behind. Had she thrown the car in neutral and pulled the seat back she might have lived. Cars are good for us.

ZnsaneRyder

Nov 21, 2008
FLORIDA
I use my trailer to haul stuff a lot, and 196cc's will pull anything! I've loaded it full with 80 oranges, I've hauled scrap metal, bicycle parts, car parts, gasoline, and even pulled other bicycles over 30mph with a tow strap!

Wouldn't it be cool if someone made a REALLY large trailer made for hauling, then had a powerful engine hidden discretely in the trailer, so it looks like you are just hauling your cargo! *Just make it obvious with LOTS of lights that you OWN your trailer, so cops don't think you are stealing your own stuff.

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
I use my trailer to haul stuff a lot, and 196cc's will pull anything! I've loaded it full with 80 oranges, I've hauled scrap metal, bicycle parts, car parts, gasoline, and even pulled other bicycles over 30mph with a tow strap!

Wouldn't it be cool if someone made a REALLY large trailer made for hauling, then had a powerful engine hidden discretely in the trailer, so it looks like you are just hauling your cargo! *Just make it obvious with LOTS of lights that you OWN your trailer, so cops don't think you are stealing your own stuff.
I kinda did that with electric.. Hey post some pics.. When I get a chance I will post a bunch of my own on a yard show and tell of my old junk and broken stuff. I Guarantee there will be something in there for everyone to work with in our little hobbit shops!

dance1

ZnsaneRyder

Nov 21, 2008
FLORIDA
I kinda did that with electric.. Hey post some pics.. When I get a chance I will post a bunch of my own on a yard show and tell of my old junk and broken stuff. I Guarantee there will be something in there for everyone to work with in our little hobbit shops!

dance1
Here's a few recent ones.

The trailer is my survival machine for long rides, and carries everything I need. A regular bike just doesn't hold the cargo a trailer can. The 4th picture, is my electrical system control panel, which operates the lights on the bike & trailer, & car horn for better safety. My next trailer will be smaller, but have hopefully as much or more cargo area as this one does.

Attachments

Last edited:

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
Here's a few recent ones.

The trailer is my survival machine for long rides, and carries everything I need. A regular bike just doesn't hold the cargo a trailer can. The 4th picture, is my electrical system control panel, which operates the lights on the bike & trailer, & car horn for better safety. My next trailer will be smaller, but have hopefully as much or more cargo area as this one does.
Does the hand truck ever want to tip on corners? WOW that is creative.. When I get mine shot and upped here please use my ideas.. They are safer than many others and are pretty cheap to do. And of course... STRONGER THAN ALL... lol

Thanks for the pics!

.flg.

ZnsaneRyder

Nov 21, 2008
FLORIDA
The hitch is really tight, allowing a small amount of lean, so when I lean in on corners, it keeps the wheels on the ground.

It handles very well on corners, you would be amazed. Only on severe high speed turns it wants to tip up on one wheel, but it goes right back on both wheels once straight again, because my body weight counteracts the tipping.

I also don't use the kickstand, because the trailer holds the bicycle up for me. I used a handtruck as a cheap source of steel frame metal, and it's so modified that it's not really a handtruck anymore.

Last edited:

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
The hitch is really tight, allowing a small amount of lean, so when I lean in on corners, it keeps the wheels on the ground.

It handles very well on corners, you would be amazed. Only on severe high speed turns it wants to tip up on one wheel, but it goes right back on both wheels once straight again, because my body weight counteracts the tipping.

I also don't use the kickstand, because the trailer holds the bicycle up for me. I used a handtruck as a cheap source of steel frame metal, and it's so modified that it's not really a handtruck anymore.
I was riding on solid ice today and hit a ridge.. That usually flips me without a trailer on my rump as fast as gravity can assist. Today I hit while towing 200 pounds of books and the kid trailer actually partially stabilized my fall!! There must be something to trailers with weight that helps maintain balance. Now if your rig was pushing me on ice.. I would be scarred pottyless!

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
I really like it. I want to integrate that technology into one of my trailers soon.. That is probably best.. I could mount a cooler over the engine with the lid lifted slightly and the bottom cut out maybe. I would find something. Hmmmm

ZnsaneRyder

Nov 21, 2008
FLORIDA
Your trailers look EXCELLENT for hiding an engine inside completely out of sight, just have to provide good airflow for cooling. You would have no problem hauling 200lbs of cargo. If you gear it low for only 25-30mph max, you will have much more pulling torque, and longer clutch life.