What carb are the kits shipping with these days?

GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Standard old 50cc, or the NT66 speed carb?

It's been over a year now since the introduction of the NT66- (shut-off valve, larger float bowl and bigger jet- I think most of them say "speed" in raised letters on the bowl}

Have the kits adjusted yet? Are they being shipped with the new carb?

Don't answer if you don't know the difference or haven't taken delivery on a kit

just wondering- anybody tried a 66 Speed carb on a 50 motor?

greggasbike

Nov 23, 2010
north carolina
Well , most now ship with the CNS carb, not the old NT , I have heard good things about the speed carb. I believe many of the 80cc kits still just have the old standard NT carb. That being said , they are still better than the CNS carb.

Just check to make sure before you order any kit , the 2011 CNS carb is diff from the 2010, the 2011's have solved the problems that companies would not admit even existed ....

No matter what you can just order separately whatever carb you need or would like.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I bought five grubee 48cc skyhawk kits in mid. march, all have the cns carb. The first one i installed was running real lean so I had to do some "adjusting" to make it run right.The e-clip on the main neetle was in the second groove which may work at sea level but not at 1100 feet above, I ended up with the clip in the bottom slot and opening up the idle jet with a set of torch orfice cleaning files.After that it runs great.

greggasbike

Nov 23, 2010
north carolina
greg58 , you didn't have the airleak problem ? I have 2 Oct 2010 kits w/ the cns carbs , both carbs did not fit the intake , that was the biggest problem. I had to use high temp silicone to stop all the airleaks, then it ran okay. I also adjust the main to the second to bottom clip , just on one , really did not notice any diff. The other prob I had with the CNS carb was that the linkage did not secure into its sleeve at the carb and throttle control , so I used electrical tape to solve that ... now it runs perfect , but those were two easily fixable probs that the factory overlooked....
Too bad they don't test their product , if it was USA built and we actually answered our customers concerns , probs would be solved.... lol

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Are the CNS carbs mostly with the American shippers?

I looked at those on e-bay and they still look like they ship the old NT- they don't specify and I think the newer old carbs have a shut-off valve- but I'm not sure.

I'm kinda surprised- when the speed carb came out it sounded like they were going to switch the 66 to that- now the continued ship of even the 50 kits is in question, but still the old carb it seems.

I've got a Speed carb on a billet intake and it works great- it took me about a half year to get to installing it because after the billet, the standard NT was working fine and winter came along-

I think it is a cut above the old NT- it seemed the CNS did go through some disfavor about a year back and they were dumping them cheap- now the larger billet intake for the cNS has arrived.

The only place I found in a quick search that listed the NR 66 Speed carb now was Pirates- and it's out of stock- I thought I might get a better carb for my 50, but the CNS is too expensive I think

I was thinking they'd be shipping NT 66 SPEEDS with kits by now, but now I can't even find one.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Speaking of the speed carbs - has anyone seen any for sale anywhere? I'd like to get my hands on one for a build I'm doing for my brother. Though for myself I'm going to shell out the cash for a dellorto.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
If you read through the posts in this forum, you will find many having problems with the new CNS carb that are included in the new kits.

Best thing to do is buy a kit that still has the NT, or else buy a spare NT for use in place of the new CNS if you have problems with it.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
greg58 , you didn't have the airleak problem ? I have 2 Oct 2010 kits w/ the cns carbs , both carbs did not fit the intake , that was the biggest problem. I had to use high temp silicone to stop all the airleaks, then it ran okay. I also adjust the main to the second to bottom clip , just on one , really did not notice any diff. The other prob I had with the CNS carb was that the linkage did not secure into its sleeve at the carb and throttle control , so I used electrical tape to solve that ... now it runs perfect , but those were two easily fixable probs that the factory overlooked....
Too bad they don't test their product , if it was USA built and we actually answered our customers concerns , probs would be solved.... lol
Silicone was the first thing i did. remember i had five of these, one was still in my shop so i tried that carb it runs good. I have since built another bike with that kit both are running good but the one i repaired run alot better.