New And Have Important Question

GoldenMotor.com

rimotorbiker1976

Aug 31, 2010
rhode island
hi i bought a bike with a 66 cc engine on it at a yard sale, i took a chance on this, real good price, the guy never got it running, tensioner needs help but the problem i have is its been sitting in his shed for about a full year exactly and he had a full tank of gas in it all year,do you think i can save this and get it running without spending a lot of money?havent really had chance to look at everything yet,what should i do before trying to start it is what im asking i guess (besides getting tensioner all set).

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum rimotorbiker1976, glad you joined us.

Did you get your new ride running? Need any help? this forum is full of great members willing to help out.

rimotorbiker1976

Aug 31, 2010
rhode island
@ kipharley he said he got it all together started pedaling and nothing happened at all, said he heard compression happening, that the piston definately was moving, been working alot so i havent even looked at it yet,hoping tommorow after work i will start cause i got couple days off,ive been reading that the kill switches are a problem area, ill probably disconnect that after i check the spark plug and fuel,i have a spark tester also if that aint it ill hook that up and see if i got spark.ill let you know thanks.

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Good luck.Does it appear to be wired right?What wires are hooked to what?Spark plug gap?
I've found if they are set up right these things fire up like they can't wait to run!
Don't go crazy with the fuel.

Last edited:

rimotorbiker1976

Aug 31, 2010
rhode island
ok so i spent about an hour and a half getting tensioner all set and trying to get it run,no success at the running part tensioner seems to be tracking great and no problems pedaling it in neutral,but as for running, nothing i pulled the plug and its clean and stinks of fuel not soaked, i noticed the wire isnt a tight fit on the plug,i put my spark tester on and didnt see any spark at all seems like it has great compresson as it stops the bike within 10 -20 feet after letting clutch out after getting up to a good speed,the wiring i found is (white,blue and black out of the engine) (blue and black out of cdi) (yellow and black out of kill switch) he had it hooked up like this (blue out of cdi to blue out of engine) (black out of cdi to black out of engine) (yellow out of kill switch to white out of engine) and it looks like the black out of kill switch was grounded under brake lever.is this right is their any test procedures for the cdi magneto or kill switch i could try?

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Hi,Rim.Hook your Yellow wire to the blue wires.The white wire is your auxilery wire for Mood lighting,boom boxes,air conditioning,ect ect.I just tape the end and wrap it up and tuck it away.
Does your spark plug still have the little cap on it? if so with a pair of red handled pliers unscrew it with your left hand,then holding it in your right hand close your eyes spin around clock wise 3 times and chuck it over your left shoulder.
The boot should zip onto the threads of the plug.
Good luck,hope this works for you!Kip.

rimotorbiker1976

Aug 31, 2010
rhode island
It runs,the problem i believe was the quick connectors between the cdi and engine, i cut them out and hard wired them together and boom she fired right up, i didnt post earlier cause ive been riding all day,only thing is it wont idle for anything,hold it cracked slightly and it will run forever seems like,i think i may have to adjust the cable length as ive read on some forums adjusting the idle screw dont seem to do anything thanks for all the help again....oh yeah i havent had that much fun on a bike in my life.