Hey Y'all

GoldenMotor.com

UncleKudzu

May 26, 2008
Deep in the American South
hello, motor bicycles peoples! i just stumbled across your world a couple of days ago, and i gotta say that this motorized bicycle stuff is insanely cool. beyond having seen a GEBE bike, i had no idea this chinese 2-stroke stuff even existed!

if i find that a 70ish CC engine will pull a 220 pound guy up some hills i'm gonna be real interested. like some other folks i've been reading here, i have a fairly short commute, but can't arrive sweaty for work, so i don't bike (the humidity is wicked here). besides the goal of getting back and forth to work without a car, it would be fun to have something to putt around on. i hate getting in a car for every little errand.

anyway, i'll be reading and maybe asking some questions in your forum here. maybe i'll be a motorized cyclist soon.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
First the good news...a 70cc will pull up a moderate hill with a 200+ pound person, no problem.
Now the good news- You are becoming a motorized bicycle enthusiast.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the forum. motorized bicycles are perfect for commuting to work and as you said they are a blast to ride. i look for excuses to go to the store just so i can ride. glad to have you with us

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. I have 2 70cc motorized bicycles and they pull my fatt but up hills no problem. I'm 200+. Glad to have you with us...............

UncleKudzu

May 26, 2008
Deep in the American South
thanks for the friendly greets and info, guys!

i've been looking around at some of your projects and i'm blown away by the coolness and ingenuity in what y'all are doing. as i mentioned, i've seen a GEBE bike and thought it was a great idea, but what y'all are doing is way more aesthetically pleasing, plus the notion of just popping the clutch on a simple 2-stroke to be on your way is brilliant. how long has this been going on?

Now the good news- You are becoming a motorized bicycle enthusiast.
so you can tell that i'm excited? :)

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Im 210 and live in a town called HIGH POINT ... I have never been on a hill the bike wouldn't pull and I have that engine. The speed drops with the hill size and length but it pulls it.

Welcome to the site.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
As for how long these have been going on....since there was bicycles and engines....but this ebay build a bike thing around 5 years I'd guess.