tough rear wheel

GoldenMotor.com

adventureluck

Apr 25, 2009
Wilmington, DE
After riding my 50cc motor kit from bicycle-engines.com for about 20 miles my tensioner is crap and my back wheel is bent. I bought a decent tensioner (selling that chinese crud should be criminal) and now I just need a strong rear wheel now. Something that can handle reasonable torque over thousands of miles from a 50cc motor. Anyone know where I can get one?

adventureluck

Apr 25, 2009
Wilmington, DE
I've straightened the wheel out, was only slightly bent. I wasn't tearing it up. I may want to in the future though and if I do I want a wheel that will last. Quality and durability isn't the chinese creedo I'm guessin :p (bike is chinese too)

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
it looks like they gave us all these cheap parts with the engines just to get us started and we have to upgrade all of them as they break.some of the parts cost less than a penny to make,i think thats a little too cheap.but thats what happens when companys want 90% profit.
ive had my gas cap break and a 2cent piece of wire inside the pull start.
why cant they use regular screw on gas caps found everywhere and not special motorcycle ones with tabs and stuff that i cant find.

Last edited:

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
i use a 2.125 steel wheel with 12 gauge spokes...BIKE PARTS USA or NIAGRA CYCLES...about 25 plus shipping...i use a 1.95 tire for clearance...hope this helps...also discount scooter parts has locking gas caps...no leaking...great cap...Dennis

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
becarefull, once that wheel failed it is now weaker. fairracing31 had a rear fold about 5 weeks ago, his tail bone is still sore. i think it cracked his brain bucket also. just trying to be helpfull. i may build a 24 inch, or get my stretch finished. i do not like sitting high anymore. a few members have gotten hurt. later. ron