From Russia with love

GoldenMotor.com

alex-star

Jul 10, 2016
Moscow, Russia
Hello everyone! I'm a motorcycle enthusiast from Moscow, who recently sold his 650ccm beemer to start a new two-wheeled-hobby. Me and my old friend have recently purchased a couple of frames to build fancy motorized bikes. It happened so we both choose Nirve B-1 because of a reasonable price and it's construction which allows to mount a gas tank in a nice way.

It's my first bike ever built, so I'm trying to think real - no rush, no race for the horsepower, wrenching by myself and so on. Actually I'd like to buy one of those great kits from DAX or GasBike, but the delivery costs to Russia is almost the same as the kit itself. So we're buying raw Chinese 'F80' kits from one of the many dealers here in Moscow. Well, thanks God we're able to buy them relatively cheap: it's almost $160 for a freaky kit including all those cylinders full of metal crap and of course original rear sprocket mount, if you know what I mean. Anyway, no doubt it's a good kit to start building my first motorized bicycle!

I'm glad to be here and hope I won't bother you all too much with my newbie questions. I'll be happy if someone would help me to find information on F80/60cc engines, especially on what's needed to be done to the raw engine, before the first start.

Best regards,
Alex

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. If you are indeed Russian I compliment you on your grasp of English. Thanks for joining us here and I hope we can provide you with all of the help and advice you seek.

Nirve builds a good bicycle. I've personally motorized two of them and have been quite pleased with the quality of the frame and other components. I believe you've chosen well.

As for your question about the engine you'll receive many opinions on how to proceed with a new kit. In the end you'll need to read and then decide for yourself what is best for you and your friends.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Tom

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Welcome to the forum. There's a ton of info in the threads here and usually someone around to help. Feel free to ask questions. Those Nirve bikes look very cool.

good luck and have fun

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Alex,

You might want to choose an area more devoted to your type of bike. The B1 is a cruiser style so maybe the 'Cruiser' section would be more appropriate for any progress reports.

Thanks again for joining us. We used to have a regular subscriber from Moscow. His user name here was 'Dagger' and he posted some fun and interesting videos of riding in Moscow. He was also quite knowledgeable about the early Russian engine designs which the Chinese obviously used in the development of the engines we use today.

Tom

alex-star

Jul 10, 2016
Moscow, Russia
We used to have a regular subscriber from Moscow. His user name here was 'Dagger' and he posted some fun and interesting videos of riding in Moscow. He was also quite knowledgeable about the early Russian engine designs which the Chinese obviously used in the development of the engines we use today.
Did you know, that most of the F50/F80, former Soviet D-engines, in Russia are selling from Izhevsk (which is at Ural Mountains)? I even had I thought that Izhevsk factories produce these engines for China. But then I found the the original manufacturer, which is SunWay. It's a pity that originally Russian engine is now belongs to China...