Clutch adjustment??

GoldenMotor.com

Jamesgregory

Nov 22, 2012
Ohio
I think I need to tighten my clutch. The last few times I've went to start my bike, I pop the clutch its not grabbing and turning the motor over. The chains are turning but not engaging the motor. I do this 2 or 3 times and it will eventually grab and start. Does that sound right needing to tighten clutch so soon. My kit is only been running for about 2mos. I live on a small hill and peddle fast downhill before popping clutch. Maybe scuff pads or clean out clutch dust?
usflg

Last edited:

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
yep, happens all the time - first check the adjustment of the cable, then do the flower nut

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
I agree with crassius. a good way to do this easily is to lock on a pair of vise grips to the clutch cable right up close to the back of the cable stop. This prevents you from losing its current place. THEN with 3 hands- loosen the stop and turn the arm in just a little with another pair of vg or an adjustable wrench. Not too much about a 32nd of an inch. Then slide the stop up to that point and tighten. Test it by Dis-engaging the clutch and spin the rear wheel. Should spin with no drag. Good Luck!