You never what you'll see at the donut shop

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
samford&son and I rode our race bikes to the Adams Avenue Donut Shop/Car Show Saturday. There was a lot of vehicles we've never seen. It never amazes me what people will bring to this event. Yes, that's a Ferris Wheel seat with two old timers sitting in it.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The Ferris Wheel seat needs wheels and an engine. I saw a motorized recliner at an airshow once. It was cool.
Thanks for sharing.
Tom

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
I really like that #11 cruiser in the OP (original post). I wish to know more.

*edit* and by the way, I'm extremely envious of that black bike in the first picture. It's just beautiful. I'd park that in my living room every night and fall asleep at night thinking about it.

Last edited:

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
i wanted to get there today, but i wanted to work on my little racer more.

i gotta work tonite, then finish the tank tomorrow.

gimme a call if you want those cranks...
Thanks baird, I decided to bend up some cranks instead of using shorter ones. We missed you this morning, lots of cool stuff there.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i'm modifying a sbp expansion chamber to fit my backwards motor today, so i should be able to make it tomorrow. but that kinda depends on beer and a new girl i'm crushing on at the moment.

i'll be there around 7-7:30 if i can...

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
didn't make it. woke up early, turned the fuel on and watched it pour out of the carb overflow. i neglected to clean the mikuni out before putting it on the albatross.

no big deal, took me 15 minutes to take it apart. on the road at 6:45.

got to newland, passed edinger, at the top of the hill and my petcock broke of, spraying a half gallon of fuel all over me.

pedaled home, and now i'm working on this mf'ing bike all day....

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
what motors are in those bikes in the 1st post??
5hp sounds good do they walk all over the modified HT's ?

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
didn't make it. woke up early, turned the fuel on and watched it pour out of the carb overflow. i neglected to clean the mikuni out before putting it on the albatross.

no big deal, took me 15 minutes to take it apart. on the road at 6:45.

got to newland, passed edinger, at the top of the hill and my petcock broke of, spraying a half gallon of fuel all over me.

pedaled home, and now i'm working on this mf'ing bike all day....
We missed you, baird. Here's the spot we saved you.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
what motors are in those bikes in the 1st post??
5hp sounds good do they walk all over the modified HT's ?
Yes, the bikes with the number plates are 5hp Briggs flatheads. In stock form they outdo the chinese motors nicely, but we've been hard pressed to keep up with the heavily modified 2 strokes. We can usually out pull them but some have faster top ends. Luckily we race in different classes and have Scotto and Jeff with his son on their big hp 4 strokes to beat all but the electric bikes.