Too broke to build it

GoldenMotor.com

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
I can't even afford to buy smokes , so all i can do is make quik little sketches of what i wanna build . I got 4 cents for the person that can tell me whats wrong on the bike .

Barnfresh

Sep 5, 2011
Nor-Cal
Too easy.....fuel filter is installed in wrong direction and the safety clip is missing on masterlink! You owe me 4cents.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I can't even afford to buy smokes , so all i can do is make quik little sketches of what i wanna build . I got 4 cents for the person that can tell me whats wrong on the bike .
Hey, you're a pretty good sketcher. That's a skill, 'cause I'm still drawing "stick people".:-||

There must be $$ doing that, right?

Maybe you can sketch people or their bike/cycle/ride for them @ the park.

Easy, honest $$.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
They're right! That is a very good piece of art work there. It is too bad that this bike doesn't actually exist. It needs to exist.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Nice sketch!! Looks killer! All right here is my guess to difficult to R&R the rear wheel. Do I get 4 pennies?

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
fuel filter is hollow , dosn,t matter what way its on .
i never use master links
Fuel filters have arrows showing flow direction. The outer portion of them acts as a sediment bowl.if reversed, all the trash/sediment esaily clogs them and you can't see when they need changing.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
it is a nice drawing!
..I can't afford the gubment taxes on baccy either... it's been a couple years now that I paid any.
Need some baccy seed?
PM ur address and I'll mail you some.
then u can build a chinagirl! lol
rc

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
5-7 : Yeah theres money in drawing things up , but where do i find a job drawing up the things i wanna draw .

Allanwrench : I just have to wait till i get a job to build it ... broke ain't even the word .

Goat : Back wheel is done like a motorcycle , i,m going to modify the hubs from my sachs moped ... they are 36 spoke hubs / with drum brakes .
Already did the rear hub . haven,t started the front one yet .. i will do the same .
( knocked out the bearing cups , welded a spacer inside the tube/bore ..whatever , 30mm OD goes in snuggly , replaced the crappy cup and cone bicycle bearings with 30mm x 17 mm sealed roller bearings )
Now i just need to make the shaft and bearing spacer for the shaft ... hard to do , i don,t work in a machine shop any more .. i don,t even have a job to pay someone to make me one .
THEN ..just lace up the hubs to some 26 inch rims ... there gonna be sweet )

Wayne : Thats not an oil tank , its a boost bottle , I want to make it out of a couple tomato juice cans soldered together . the ridges on the cans make it look old shcool , real old .

Thanks ...

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Nice Drawing Diceman, you got talent. That bike is sweet and now ya got me thinking...I got parts I can part with to help ya if needed...**** I would like one of those drawings....

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Nice work, you have something there.. How about, say, 11 more for a calendar? I don't think I'd have a problem throwing $20 down on one, and I doubt I'd be the only one. I know where you're coming from, I'm in almost the same boat it sounds like you're in, at least I'm working next week but the next time I'm laid off again it's going to be a scramble for the rent.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
We all LOVE our bikes. I believe that many of us would pay to have them sketched.

FWIW, you can make $$, depending on how big a city you live in. Sketch for individuals, businesses, in the park, etc.

Quit smoking and you'll have a ton of money to build your bike!dance1

Motorbikermark

Nov 16, 2011
Western N.C.
Looks good, If I was pressed to find something wrong I'd point out that based on scale your bike has a stand over height of roughly 48" and running 36" tires. Lets just say its Shaquille O'neal's latest project. But art is subjective and is judged by how it makes you feel, And this one makes me feel pretty good! hope to see more sketches soon.

God Speed, Mark

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Nice sketch!
Makes me wonder though, if you design your own frame intended to have a motor mounted on it, does this effect the legality of a MB? It seems some state laws state directly that the bike need be originally manufactured as a bicycle, then modified to fit a motor, for it to fit the definition of a motorized bike. If you design a frame that is intended to run a motor it may fall into the moped or motorcycle category instead of motorized bike?

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
Rustycase : A few bacca plants would be great .. I remember when they used to sell small ones and starter kits at the grocery store . That stopped when the baccy abertising laws changed .

Culvercity : Man i would take you up on those spare parts in a heartbeat , but i don,t even know where i,m moving to yet .

CTripps : Calendar .. awsome idea .. I just might do that . If i do ( It would be something I would just add to my website ) you could check it for free .
Mind you .. the calendar idea is a good one .. perhaps people on the site here would be interested in a photo contest ( 1 picture per entrant , and do a poll vote for the best 12 pictures ) .. just an idea .

5-7 : Motorbiker : I do all my sketch-ups on the computer .I just use microsoft paint ( from xp or older ... the one on windows 7 is messed up .. they actually made it harder to use by trying to improve it ) that and an OLD version of photo suite ( which also is much better than its newer versions ) .

Nightcruiser : Take a picture before the motor is installed ( See it just a bicycle ) .
Instead of worrying about the PO-PO , I'll worry about a stealthy muffler , good performance and knowing all the back street shortcuts ( so ya can run from the po-po ) .