Trading in my Harley

GoldenMotor.com

jlmartin

Sep 14, 2011
Colorado
Been on 2 wheels since my 1957 Cushman Eagle. 780 lbs. of full dress Harley is a bit much to handle when you are 68, so thought I would try a MB. Just ordered a Schwinn cruiser and a 49cc 4-stroke to build. I am pretty sure that I will have a question or two before it's done.
I have been lurking here for a few days before registering and you folks seem to have a really nice forum and a good group.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Welcome to the forum! I think you'll find your new bike unbelievably nimble compared to your Harley, not to mention fuel efficient! :D

If you find yourself having questions about your build, you'll get the quickest answers if you post a thread in the 4-stroke section.

We look forward to seeing your ride!

NashOpel

Jul 10, 2009
Arvada,CO
There are a bunch of us here from around the Denver area. All are willing to help :) There is a thread of the rides we have been doing around Denver.
George

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Hi jl, welcome to the forum from Dallas. We probably have a lot in common. I ride a Road King, and I have, or had till yesterday 2 Sportster's. Yesterday I sold one of my Sportster's, and now I'm wondering how many MBs I can make lol. Most of us here are 50 and up, I'm 58. I started thinking these Harleys sure are getting heavy. Then by accident BAM, here come the motor bicycles. I like to show mine off.

This is my beach cruiser, the Atomic BB, and my Cadillac.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Welcome to the forum!
I am nowhere near 50, but age does not matter here.
I have a Harley too. I tinker with motorized bicycles to help keep my sanity due to the fact that they are much, much cheaper to tinker on than a Shovelhead.
They are alot of fun too, a different ride. Look at life slower and smell the roses so-to-speak.

I hope that you enjoy this site and the world of MB'ing!

jlmartin

Sep 14, 2011
Colorado
Thanks for the welcome guys. I hope I can do this safely and have as much fun as I think it will be. George, I live in the country just east of Colorado Springs, so next summer maybe I can get up your way to meet a few MB'ers from the area.
Keep the shinny side up,
Jim

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Welcome jl :) Ain't it funny how that works. Ever get on the bike and forget where you were going? or have to call the wife and ask her why your at the store? rotfl My Goldwing is gaining weight every year. All them years and miles catch up to us. My brain don't understand how old my body is. :) This is the Forum with the smartest members there is. All walks of life. World wide. If we can help, just ask. (c)