A cop rode my bike today??

GoldenMotor.com

NerpAngel

Sep 28, 2009
Ellensburg,WA
Today, I rode over to my buds house to help him build his first MB and soon after we went to the nearest school parking lot here in town so he could practice playing around with it. Well not 5 minutes into zooming around the parking lot a cop pulls in and my heart starts racing. He rolled up and got out and just started talking to us normally; we weren't in trouble or anything. He was curious about our bikes and thought they were really cool! I told him all about them and he asked if he could ride mine for a sec since he was headed home from his shift. I sorta stood there confused and then gladly let him go at it. It was funny watching him try to start it (I've got a shift kit on my MB). Once he got it going he zoomed around the parking lot faster than I was! I got nervous thinking he was going to tell me this is to dangerous to be riding in the streets with, but after a couple mins he came back and was all giddy. Said that was really fun and he definitely wants to make one of his own now!

And that was that haha. I couldn't believe it myself.
I live in a semi small town so the cops here are really cool and I've never had a problem with them.

.shft.

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
Well as most of you guys know I have been out of work for three years now. I recently got a contract from my local police station to build them four bikes for their Bicycle patrols. They want Mtn. bikes with 49cc motors, lights and expansion exhaust. The job pays $7000.00 :) I am one happy man.

I'm telling you all the world's gonna be on two wheels real soon.
Let's motorize it.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Vive la revalution!!! Those are two of the coolest post I've read in a long time . I sure wish you had some pics . Around here , at the turn of the century all the cops rode early harleys , reminds me how history repeats itself. Too cool...

Chitty

Jun 3, 2008
Souris Manitoba Canada
I had a cop ride my bike a couple of weeks ago too and she loved it. Did I say that she is my Daughter. It was a blast watching her boot down the street faster than I go, and going through a stop sign to boot. There is not much chance of her getting one, because she rides a 1200 Harley.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awesome!

I have been offering cops a ride for yrs. Always, "No, no, but thanks" (kinda a bummer)

Truly great news Dag. So glad to hear Buddy.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Well as most of you guys know I have been out of work for three years now. I recently got a contract from my local police station to build them four bikes for their Bicycle patrols. They want Mtn. bikes with 49cc motors, lights and expansion exhaust. The job pays $7000.00 :) I am one happy man.
What kind / brand / kit of 49 cc motors are you using? What expansion chamber are you using?

What mountain bike are you building them from?

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Ever see what ridley or some of the other " pro" builders charge?
Rumor has it leno paid around three grand for a reproduction bike , however I can't find it on there web pages .

I always wanted to build Leno a MB as a promotional thing. Dunno, just be kinda cool. Him and the band Nickleback.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Just invited one of our local cops to the CT picnic/ ride. Good guy. I was bragging about my MPG to him a while back. He sorta smerked at me and turned around and turned the stereo on, on his bike. (fully dressed HD) LOL, he won that one

$80K!? I still question the $300 I spent on my Honda kit.

Jay Leno on a bicycle - Google Search