Boats?...

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL Steve!

I am serious. I am gonna try and put together a deal. Buy an old tanker or ferry (ship) and convert it to a floating apartment/condo building. (for retired/retiring/ some day hoping to retire MBers, lol) NY harbor in the summer. Miami in the winter. Is weird enough to be feasible. Will start a thread. Sorry for rambling all over your's Comrade.

Would take yrs to put this together but how cool would this be?!

...and once again, I just had to take a simple thing and turn it into crazy grandiose-nes.

5:10 here, beer run! yahaaaa! (I love beer. Every thing about beer. The smell, the taste of beer. The word beer... snork) and how it improves my limited social skills.

In the great words of Homer Simpson; "emmmm, beeer"

It's great to be on a ship with beer
And sail across the sea-o
We don't know where we'll land or when
But it's great to be with beer
'Cause beer can sweat and beer can stink
And no one seems to care-o
We'll throw the dishes in the sink
And clog the sink with hair-o

Beer, beer, beer it's a ship filled with beer
So batten down the ladies room,
There's no one here but beer
There's beer above, there's beer below
There's beer down in the galley
there's Bud and MHG and Hiniken and Schafer
And one beer we call Sally

Beer, beer, beer it's ship all filled with beer
You'll never have to lift the seat
There's no one here but beer

(I stole that from the "men" song)

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Dan, try this. it has the boat I mentioned but the bikes are not removable like I thought.

Svensons free boat plans, Show Boat in the paddle boat section.

How many miles to the gallon of beer?????

Steve.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
"How many miles to the gallon of beer????" so far today, I got about 12 knots, lol Steve

Svens is great!

Is so odd. I spent 16 yrs at sea and truly hate and fear it. Yet spend a considerable amount of time thinking about how to go back. Like a really bad mistress you love.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
DAN, I Sniped the beer song/poem and put it in my houseboat materials list. hope you don`t mind. 65* and slow rain here. if it were built now, i would be anchored under the Pensacola 3 mile bridge for a few!! days!!! maybe a sip or two also. he he, Fishing out a window. Pic`s of brother`s house boat in wis. him & my daughter. Ron .cvlt1

Attachments

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Ron! you are one of my all time favorite inmates! We gonna build a special cabin for ya!

We gonna need a well stocked machine room to fabricate parts.

PS, it is so cold here the ice froze this morning. I went out to go to work at 8:30 and pulled up the handle on my ridiculously costly Camry XLE (love the car, hate the cost) and the handle broke off!!!! $400 worth of China plastic. I have to take the door apart to put a junk yard, not color matched one in!!! LOL and arguuuuh. Just life, I know but wanna scream.

PS, the driver's side was in the sun. Was late in the morn (830!) did I scream yet? lol

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Dan, Your my favorite, your age and size!! About 1980 in Wisconsin we had 85 below wind chill for a day or so. Went out side, a male dog was froze to the fire hydrant!! oh, never eat yellow snow. Ron

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Now you tell me!!!!!! snork (the snow thing)

No kidding, the worst I have seen was 16 below with 60 MPH winds. So dang cold we would warm our selves in the steam we used to free valves. Walk out of the steam and it sounded like glass breaking as it fell and broke off your falweather gear. Literally, the ice froze and you could break off parts of your beard or mustash.

Guy walked in to the galley with ice falling off him hitting the deck; "Its not the heat so much as the humidity" I dont think I have ever laughed so hard in my life. And I was his relief and had to go back out on deck!

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Dan, my old English Grandmother said brave men and fools go down to to the sea. As a kid I got sea sick watching my yellow rubber ducky bob up and down in the bath and trust me that is no story.
Found out it was the ducks fault.

Saw 80 below wind chill and that was as cold as I ever want to be.

Steve.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
OH man Steve! Just saw were you hale from. 80 below! good got dang that just ain't right!

The steam thing I mentioned happened in Come By Chance, Newfoundland and Labrador - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Newfoundland. Below cross hill.

If we ever have kids, the only place I would, would be northern Canada. Kind and decent folks up your way. Sit an' have a cup of coffee or dinner in a restaurant. Some one will walk past and say; "Hi not seen ya before, new in town?" Good folks.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Ron, hehehehehe. The Coast guard requires that all hand's space be clearly marked with (if I remember right) 4 inch red letters stating their function on board. Last time we got boarded I wrote "deck hand" backwards on my fore head. They didn't think it was funny. (but it really was! lololo) ship got wrote up and I got fired. Happened a lot back in the day.

Ron, Not only will your cabin have room for your pontoon, (maybe below?) but will be adorned with a brass stamped thing on your door stating you are in fact the "head and executive engineer in charge"

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Dan, I thought you knew were I lived. We are in the only part of Canada that gets decent temps all year. Wet, rainy, overcast in the winter like Seattle but the crocus are up and flowering and the roses are leafing out. My bro. has to mow the lawn tomorrow because the puppy mines are getting hard to find. She is half Newfie and they are not small.

My best friends from kids are Newfoundlanders. Salt of the earth people and I know just were you are talking about. Ever see a friend in Newfie where he was on one side of the street and you were on the other and they would yell "stay where your to, and I'll come where you at"
That killed me as a kid.

Tough part of the world to make a living but beautifull.

Steve.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That was awesome. Post a link to that thread and vid? So bares repeating! Really cool and I forgot who posted it. Did I mention it was payday friday and I got beer? lol and am a tad slow.

Really was touching. Your vid. Salt of the Earth folks

Just because we have drifted so very far off topic and why stop now? lol (My favorite threads always do) Have you guys ever heard of the Shetland islands? (Scotland) Like the ponies. Thats where they come from. Any way the gulf stream ends there so is 62 degrees year round! 500 miles south of the Arctic circle. I have great pics. Great folks. Like Canada PPL. Just kind and happy to say "hey"

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
"stay where your to, and I'll come where you at"

Stuck in my head. Really cool kid thing. Here it would be "I'll play with you" and that would be it until the response.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Red, 2 true! All the good ones have been. A while back read a thing about how bikes from the 1800s are what we ride today. The more things stay the same sort of deal. I just thought that was funny. SNAFU

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Ron, now I got an image stuck in my head of sitting at the kitchen table with fishing a pole stuck out the window. And I don't fish! lol

Thanks Buddy. I mean that, is a cool thought. How could life be better?