4 stroke 50 cc engines

GoldenMotor.com

rjcullis

Dec 28, 2010
british columbia
I just finished building a beautiful 80 cc powered mountain bike. I'm in British Columbia so anything 50 cc's and over must be licensed and insured. I spent a lot of today chasing around the government to try to get this all done and in the end they said...this is a motorcycle and motorcycles must have motorcycle frames so you cannot licence it ... grrr. Anyway I saw a picture on this site of a 50 cc 4 stroke anyone know where I can get more information about buying one... and if they are actually a little smaller than 50 cc?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I just finished building a beautiful 80 cc powered mountain bike. I'm in British Columbia so anything 50 cc's and over must be licensed and insured. I spent a lot of today chasing around the government to try to get this all done and in the end they said...this is a motorcycle and motorcycles must have motorcycle frames so you cannot licence it ... grrr. Anyway I saw a picture on this site of a 50 cc 4 stroke anyone know where I can get more information about buying one... and if they are actually a little smaller than 50 cc?

Welcome to the forum.

Why not just buy a 48cc 2 stroke and swap it for your motor. Be a lot less expensive and more power too.