An install Kit for the Schwinn Jaguar

GoldenMotor.com

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
MB Wars Episode III Revenge of the Motor Mount....

As dark days encompass the MB republic the evil HT factories believe they have these silly

americans whipped but little did they know there was still hope....

After a short medical break we find our favorite monkey once again wondering around the kit

parts and tools. Zoinks i think he has an idea.... lets get the motor mount on and the

sprocket adapter with the sprocket on tonight.

I broke out the parts and tools once again and decided to put on th emotor mount. I took the

mount apart and using the front clam shell i found the sweet spot in the frame both pieces

aligned just right. I picked up the long mount piece with the 2 alllen bolts and attached

them to the front clam. I then placed in the rear clam and attached it to the mount. the

mount as designed is not horizontal the rear is slightly tiled up to make the motor flat

when mounted.

I then took the rear wheel off the bike by first loosening the break cable and then removing

the 2 14mm acorn nuts from the outside of the rear axle. I loosened the chain and removed

the back wheel. I then inserted the 2 bolt side of the clam shell and moved it around the

hub until it fit properly there is only one correct position and you do not need to force

it. I then added the single side on th e opposite side and bolted them together with the

included bolts. I tightened them until snug but not tight as I will want to adjust the

position on the hub for chain alignment.

Finally i added the Manic Mechanic 42tooth sprocket supplied with the kit. i removed the

mounting bolts from the hub adapter placed the sprocket over the hub lined up the bolt holes

and reinserted the bolts and tightened them down. these can be tight as i will not need to

adjust them later. Start to finish was 30 min on the project. By far the easiest sprocket i

have ever mounted. Bulletproof is what I would call it.

The saga to be continued.

Attachments

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
Saga side note...

I noticed i didn't include very good pics of the motor mount so i have taken some more and did some of the rather tedious things such as mount the gas tnak and remove the hand grips. so here are the pics....

Attachments

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
MB Wars Episode IV A new Spoke

Its a dark time in the MB republic the whizzers are flying by every where and the dark lords of the 4 stroke are in control of the galaxy....until thru training and patience a new 2 stroke hope is gaining strength. The manic Mechanic Jaguar kit is taking shape and preparing for the end of the dark times and the rebirth of the easy 2 stroke install.......

Mounted the carb on the motor first i check to see that the carb would clear the replacement
clutch cable guide i did not so i turned it down a few turns until the carb cleared. Next i slid the carb all the way on the kit intake and tightened it down no chance of an air leak there either.

Now it was time to mount the motor. The motor mount is very straight forward. take the Supplied hardware and isolators and line the engine so that that carb is level and insert the
front spacers then the bolts. tighten the bolts hand tight then insert the rear spacers
and bolts. Each bolt has a supplied flat washer and lock washer. The mount is slotted to
allow a level engine for all types. Once all four bolts are hand tight make sure the motor
is where you want it and fasten down all four bolts. Very easy install a second pair of hands is nice but it can be done alone.

I've added the clutch handle which in my kit was a real nice alloy deal, thanks dax, the
throttle grip and the muffler with the copper gasket. I am having an issue with a clearance
problem on the frame and the muffler i have had this issue in the past and i am sure that it
is just a matter of adjustment but it has put a slight hold on my build. I also need to drill a 3/16 hole in the handle bars for the throttle housing so I will end it here.

stay tuned for more....

Attachments

johnnyb

Apr 20, 2009
Columbia, SC
Looks like its coming along well. Would you mind continuing to post the amount of time each session has taken so that we can add it up at the end for a final time estimate?? Thanks!

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
The stock exhaust is very limiting on the HT in more ways than one. I am unsure how they expect the thing to fit the way it is made.
Solution 1 - A cheap Soldering Torch for Plumbing from Home Depot or Lowes.
They usually have a 11" long yellow tank with a torch head that screws on top
Heat up the bend in the exhaust to red hot and start tweakin'.

Solution 2 - Get an expansion chamber exhaust.
chances are, you will have to heat and bend that as well, which leads you back
To Solution 1. =-]'

'BrettMavriK

MB Wars Episode IV A new Spoke

Its a dark time in the MB republic the whizzers are flying by every where and the dark lords of the 4 stroke are in control of the galaxy....until thru training and patience a new 2 stroke hope is gaining strength. The manic Mechanic Jaguar kit is taking shape and preparing for the end of the dark times and the rebirth of the easy 2 stroke install.......

Mounted the carb on the motor first i check to see that the carb would clear the replacement
clutch cable guide i did not so i turned it down a few turns until the carb cleared. Next i slid the carb all the way on the kit intake and tightened it down no chance of an air leak there either.

Now it was time to mount the motor. The motor mount is very straight forward. take the Supplied hardware and isolators and line the engine so that that carb is level and insert the
front spacers then the bolts. tighten the bolts hand tight then insert the rear spacers
and bolts. Each bolt has a supplied flat washer and lock washer. The mount is slotted to
allow a level engine for all types. Once all four bolts are hand tight make sure the motor
is where you want it and fasten down all four bolts. Very easy install a second pair of hands is nice but it can be done alone.

I've added the clutch handle which in my kit was a real nice alloy deal, thanks dax, the
throttle grip and the muffler with the copper gasket. I am having an issue with a clearance
problem on the frame and the muffler i have had this issue in the past and i am sure that it
is just a matter of adjustment but it has put a slight hold on my build. I also need to drill a 3/16 hole in the handle bars for the throttle housing so I will end it here.

stay tuned for more....

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
The motor dropped into the mount in less than 5 min the carb slid right on and fastened 3 min the muffler was about a 2 min job so again i would estimate the actual assembly lime would be about 10 -15 min in this stage

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
Update....

I ordered a few parts and i am waiting on delivery. One of the orders is a street "poo poo pipe" from bicycle-engines.com to solve the issue of the stock pipe not clearing the frame. not a huge issue but i really want a nice build. I also ordered a German helmet and a 4L gas tank from boy go fast on ebay to have custom painted to match the helmet. i should have the pipe on sat and I can continue the build at that point.

Stay tooned for more.

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
here is a preview to episode V the poo poo pipe strike back...

I ordered up a different pipe than stock to try and get by my small issue besides i like the sound coming from the back of the bike.

I also ordered a 4L gas tank it came in as well and is better than i expected. I posted pics of a side by side of the tanks.

and i like to wear a brain bucket so i got a german style helmet without the spike to be painted along with the 4l tank in my vegas theme.

I will begin working on episode V very soon.

stay tuned.....

Attachments

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Yeah, it's about time someone came out with something that will hold just over a gallon instead of a 1/2 gallon. Doubling your range is much better between fill ups when you gotta stop and find mix oil if you didn't bring any.

Instead of 60-75 miles, now you have 120-150 miles.

Well for me, that'd be upping from 50 to 100. =-]'
Gears are too much fun....

'BrettMavriK

JAtkinson86

Jun 5, 2009
CA
Wow I stumbled across this in the forums and am anticipating this kit very much. How many will you make and when do you think I will be ready to sell?

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
The kit is still in R&D so not for sale as of yet but the other question is yes the larger motors will fit into the mount although it may be a bit tight it should fint just fine.