Any Welders For Hire in L.A.? It's Almost Time.

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Any progress on the bike.......?????
I'll take some more pics and post them up. It now has working rear turn signals. It still needs the batteries, motor and controller which is gonna run me about $3500 for 96V 40Ah of Lithium Prismatic Cells. Which is why you haven't heard from me in a while. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Any progress on the bike.......?????
I just acquired the money to completely finish the bike for good. All the bragging, boasting and small talk by me, is now completely meaningless at this point. I'll finally be ordering the plate steel to secure the 96V, 20HP(maximum), 38 lb, 8" BLDC electric motor to the bike today.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Great to see ya back on here Mike!!!
Glad to be back. Money just slowed me down is all. My bikes always put me in the hole. This one is no different except this one will have 14,400 Watts (maximum, momentary), when it is all said and done. I can live with that financial hole that it's gonna cause me yet again. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
This motor actually weighs 26 lbs not 37 lbs as Golden Motor says. Not sure how they came up with that #. Heavy usually mean lots and lots of copper. I'm just glad I didn't go for the 5kW motor. How little does that one actually weigh?

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Here it be. It am what it am. Clearance between pedal and motor on the right side is 1/4". I'm feeling my way through it. LOL

The motor has since been cocked 30 degrees clockwise and it's cables will be shortened by about 4x. They are simply too long.

Last edited:

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Sry to hear that Mike. Have you looked into any alternatives? Bicycle Designer has a rear sprocket/adapter that I am using, but I believe they only offer a 48t. Also, on one of my previous builds I used a 130BCD chainring adapter that fit a disc brake hub. I believe you can find a 72t chainring. I got mine from a company called Outrider USA. You can get in touch with a guy named Tommy Ausherman. Also, a guy named Matthew Shumaker makes them.... [email protected]

Hope these options may give you some ideas......