Custom Frame Building Software Free

GoldenMotor.com

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
For a motorized bicycle, it all boils down on having a good, strong, sturdy frame to fit an engine. I don't know if there are any frame builders in this forum but please if you're out there, kindly reply to this thread.

For those who are interested in designing and building their own frame:
Here's the link to the free software 'BikeCad':
Free Bike Frame Design Software

Jump to the software:
The Bicycle Forest :: BikeCAD

Enjoy your frame building... :ride:

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
nice links (^).
dan, from iRide Customs, is a member here. he doesnt get around to the forums too much, but he builds some sick frames.

*sigh* if i had the time i'd really enjoy building my own frames.

imagine your creativity, that could be expressed in the build, instead of simply picking out a frame hoping 'this might work'.

nice post.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Neat. I'll have to play with it a bit. Wish I could build a frame.

Did anybody see the Hula Bike on that link? bizarre.

edit: dude you can put 36" wheels on the bike with that software...I want to know where to get 36" wheels, that's awesome!

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
OMG, Is this great or what ! It ain't just all about expansion chamber software is it. ;) Now we got "frame software". That rocks for me cause I want one of these. (^).
I did post the free plans for this somewhere...I'll find it and add the link when I can.

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Wow, I really appreciate you guys coming thru for me on this. I want to use my Tanaka Free Spirit on the front when I can get it built. One of my several bikes to build with has the same foreward frame of this one. I just need to find a bike for the rear & wheel set up with 5 speed cluster.

So, when the weather breaks.......I'll be digging thru the scrap heaps at the city dump ! (^)

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
After playing with that software a little, I was kind of disappointed. Changing many of the values had no impact on the graphic display, and it really doesn't help you out any deciding a lot of those values.

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
Neat. I'll have to play with it a bit. Wish I could build a frame.

Did anybody see the Hula Bike on that link? bizarre.

edit: dude you can put 36" wheels on the bike with that software...I want to know where to get 36" wheels, that's awesome!
Jason, Coker Tire makes a 36" tire for bikes Coker Cycle Company*::*Tires and Tubes . They used to have a bicycle appropiatly named the Monster Cruiser that had 36s front and rear that looks really cool but it seems that they have droped it from their line.

It has been one of my goals to build my own frame for several years now, I've even drawn out a couple of frames that I would like to try. Thanks for the link, I will deffinatly be checking it out...Kelly

mabman

Oct 4, 2008
In the wind
The Colker bike would be a good candidate for a motor for sure. You might want to use a 4 stroke though for the torque to get them up to speed, but once you do can you say monster truck?

Because of the interest of the unicyclists there have been some huge advancements over the Colker rims which were heavy and the tires didn't have much of a tread, and were heavy which made them kind of hard to get up and going especially because the stock bike used a really short crank arm for some reason? Anyway unicycle.com stocks the better quality rims and tires. The uni guys like them for the obvious reason that they roll out more than a 20" one does. They adopted the 29" when it came out and I guess if someone made a 60" wheel they would use that too? Unicycle.com :: Unicycle.com Home Page
UNNI36_1909.jpg

Quite a few custom framebuilders are messing around with the concept and here are a few examples. The second one recently won best of show at a custom frame builders event in Denver. Yes, it is Ti.
frostbike36er 011.jpg
Black_Sheep_36er.jpg

The coolest one I have seen though had a custom 130mm front hub with dual disc brake but I can't seem to dig that up from the files right now. Also there was one for sale real recently on fleabay that was made by a guy in OZ so you boys south of the equator should be all over it. The way I see it after having ridden that wheel size is that it would be much better with some assist and I know it is on my want list to build one up some day.

Last edited:

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Oh man, that is soooo cooooooooooool.

One of these days when I have a welder, I'm totally going to take that project on. Seems like everything could be salvaged from other bikes and modified, just need the wheels and tires.