I don't like our bikes used without permission

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I don't know why people "borrow" without permission....I guess take it as a compliment that this is the second time your bike has ended up in an unauthorized place.

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
I guess take it as a compliment that this is the second time your bike has ended up in an unauthorized place.

thats kinda where i was going. think about it... your bike is so cool, everybody wants to show it. thats a good thing. (^)

true, they should have asked, or at least given props to the site/owner of bike pix were taken from.

on a completely unrelated topic, below is a pic i'm going to use for my avatar. what do you all think? rotfl

Attachments

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I ran a photo business for years and the truth is you dont have to copyright a photo it is automatically copyrighted when you shoot it. All you have to do is prove ownership. The downside is it would cost you more to sue than you would ever get for the damages I expect.

I have had brides take the photos to the copy shop to have them copied. That took money out of my pocket but I could only sue the bride since the copy shop always swore the customer told them uncle harry made the image.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hey! they are using my video.....I've known about that site for a long time now. Thats why I left a comment and a link to the forum. I do not know who it is but it is someone who visits this forum.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Pic # 1...You see how SpookyTooth added "spookyTooth.com" to thier pic? Anybody know how to do that?

Pic# 2 You could add your own text in photo shop to your pics.

Something like " No use without permission" or something like that? Just a thought.

Attachments

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
It ain't me guys! I don't even have my blog linked here! I do have pics of MY Bikes but will not post them here as I don't want any one to think bad of me. The pic I use is with permisson of thatsdax. I have 4 red schwinn point beach cruisers and two three wheelers. Brand new. I don't mess up twice.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Just a thought. if they took property from multiple ppl here, thats a class action lawsuit. Pay the $35 and register your property now. Even just for legal fees. I have a line of what I believe innovative concepts coming out in the spring and hate to think I can't post here for fear of blatant theft.

Would be good if we as a group fought this kind of thing. I will gladly do all the research and contacting advisers and counsel.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Fairracing asked about adding text. Here's an example of what can be done with Photoshop and many other photo programs.
If anyone is interested PM me and I'd be happy to do this for any member who is interested.
Tom

Attachments

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
They sure can Dan. I worked for a real estate firm and was surprised who well the can cover thing up. For example I took a picture for this home I was selling. It had a junky car in the driveway and a bunch of toys all over the lawn. Our IT guy took everything out of the picture and I was surprised how easy it was for him to do it. I found a few sites that posted both of my bike and I thought of it as a compliment. Maybe next time I'll do some kind of watermarking that has Bicycle Motor Forum - Motorized Bicycle Engine Kits, Manuals, And Help on it.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Amazing Easy Rider. What I find mind boggling is the floating down line on TV football.
Got photoshop last night and am plaining on doing some lessons today. Adobe Photoshop Basics Free Online Class - Course Outline So far using "paint" that comes free with windows just seems easier for basic watermarking. But you certainly can't do the amazing stuff that photoshop can do.

Think this is the third time I tried to learn photoshop.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks Dan, and if anyone is interested check out, Worth1000.com.
You'll find some great tutorials and examples of the amazing things people do with Photoshop. They have daily contest and you won't believe some of the entries. It's a free site but you need to register to have availibility to everything that's offered.
Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Oh man, cool site Tom! Pic of the day is c3po as the tin man and it is completely seamless. The "Engrish" section is a riot. I am definatly gonna do some kit jokes. This is gonna get me in trouble, lol.

Did you enter your V8 MB? Is pretty awesome.

Dan "never on topic" Keav. (AKA; NOT) snork

Side note, just realized Chrome web browser just added a "add to dictionary" feature on spell check. It is fast becoming my favorite browser. But still needs work.

Last edited: