90cc 2 strke cyclinder and piston kit?

GoldenMotor.com

Haughnph

Nov 6, 2011
El Paso
I dont know about that. Does it have to be a bicycle or could I build a frame that uses pedals? Cause I have seen things. To top it off for the CA cats. I can put 100+cc engine on a bike with a little work.

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
You can do whatever you want, its a hobby, not a regulated industry. This is just a forum for discussing motorized bicycles. I'm not sure what you are trying to do.

Generally speaking, a motorized bicycle needs to be capable of moving when powered by a human only (think motor-assisted).

If I recall correctly the "death race" (a big motorized bicycle race in Tuscon, AZ which occurs yearly) is limited to 66cc engines.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
When I want to go 80 MPH I do it on this.

IMHO doing over the top stuff on the Motorized Bike will only give law enforcement fire power to use against the hobby in areas of the country where they are barely tolerated as it is.

:EXAMPLE:

6 o'clock new flash......... Man killed on home built motorized bike while traveling at speeds believed to be at 70-80 MPH, to be clear about what a motorized bike is, it is a typical bicycle that has had a gas engine installed on it, the officials we spoke to told us they are dangerous and probably should not be allowed on the public streets.

I wonder how many normal 25-30 MPH MB would be allowed to run around town as they had been after an ordeal like this happened, I'll bet it would be screwed up for everyone who had one and they wouldn't be tolerated in that town anymore.

50-60 on a Bicycle is crazy fast, 80 on a bicycle is stupid fast....IMO

just my $0.02 nothing more, nothing less, that all.

Peace, Map

Attachments

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Here is my basic opinion. Yeah, you can make a bicycle go 100 mph by drafting a car or going down a steep enough hill. But just because you slap an engine on that bike and you happen to be giving it gas while drafting a car or going down a steep hil, does that mean you get credit for having the fastest motorized bicycle? NO. Anything you do to assist in achieving a certain speed that does not involve the bike or the motor itself simply does not count. There have already been plenty of people who have used these tricks to achieve these speeds. And as far as the engine goes, an ht engine is probably never going to go 80mph under any kind of load and survive it. The gearing required to make an ht engine go 80 mph under gas power alone would require extreme rpms that the engine is simply not capable of.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yep......right on...!(^)

Here is my basic opinion. Yeah, you can make a bicycle go 100 mph by drafting a car or going down a steep enough hill. But just because you slap an engine on that bike and you happen to be giving it gas while drafting a car or going down a steep hil, does that mean you get credit for having the fastest motorized bicycle? NO. Anything you do to assist in achieving a certain speed that does not involve the bike or the motor itself simply does not count. There have already been plenty of people who have used these tricks to achieve these speeds. And as far as the engine goes, an ht engine is probably never going to go 80mph under any kind of load and survive it. The gearing required to make an ht engine go 80 mph under gas power alone would require extreme rpms that the engine is simply not capable of.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
I have in my head ideas that would blow your mind. Who owns this one? Whats its hp rating?
The crank will let go way before you come any ware close to 80 mph . You will need way more horse power to go 80 then that crank will ever handle . After about 5 hp its not if its when its going to break .

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
Well, they way I'm understanding this there are two sides to this and they are both valid.

A. It is physically possible for a bicycle to achieve speeds in excess of 80 mph.

B. Nobody has went 80 mph on a motorized bicycle, under the power of strictly the motor. Current engine designs just don't have the capability.

Is is likely, no.
Is it possible, yes.

If there was a joint project between the CIA and NASA with a secret budget to build an 80 mph motorized bicycle......

OP came here asking some questions and he got a variety of answers, and that's good. That's what this is for. I'm not going to be the one that discourages.

Never let reality get in the way of your dreams :)

Longshot270

May 8, 2012
Texas
Big bore anyone? Probably would need a custom jug because the china girls are kinda thin and a piston to fit.
Shift kit will be required with some long legged gearing.
Slap some fiberglass body work on there and, while it will be difficult, 80 does seem possible if you are shooting for a one time record.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Boring out the cylinder on its own isn't going to give you enough power to hit 80, and even if it did, the rest of the engine components are not built to handle that speed. Like the other guy said, your crank is going to give out before you get close to 80. The rpms required to allow an ht engine to hit 80mph would very likely cause the engine to experience multiple mchanical failures in a very short period of time. I am sure that there are engines that can allow a bicycle to achieve speeds of 80(+)mph without causing damage to the engine or bicycle frame, if the proper frame is used.but an ht engine is not it.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Going down hill does not count! ;)

This is the most powerful 66 cc China Girl 2 stroke on the planet! :D
Case inducted reed valve and modded to the limits of breaking.
I doubt if it would go 80 mph?
It would need some serious streamlining to go much faster than 65 - 70

Wondering if anyone knows where I could find a seat like that, or if it is a custom?

Longshot270

May 8, 2012
Texas
Why would it need to rev high? Use gearing that keeps the engine in the ideal peak of the powerband. Boring the engine won't double the horsepower but if you have the tools it is easy to do and will help. If it has to be a single speed, the rear would have to be around 15 tooth.

If a bicycle can reach 80, I'm sure these engines could also
http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/news/2007/03/bikerecord_0330

80 could never be reached by just slapping an engine onto a rusty old barn find but with a custom built bike, a properly built engine with a few mods and body work, I can see getting pretty fast.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
time to educate you on a few things....

human flat land pedal only speed records are....
Current WHPSC Records:
In 2009, Sam Whittingham broke his own record again for a human powered speed of 82.819 MPH!
In 2010, Barbara Buatois broke her own record, with a women's human powered speed of 75.69 MPH.
In 2011, Greg Westlake broke his own record with an arm powered world speed record of 45.68 MPH.
this is done using less then 1/2 a horse power on a BICYCLE

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Funny how 90cc went to 80cc to 80mph. At least I didn't follow but that's just me. As far as going 80mph, there's this for reference: http://www.elsberg-tuning.dk/recordbikes.html

Hope the link works. I think it's pretty interesting what can be when people put their minds to it.
would help if the people reporting a story got their facts right

http://www.recumbents.com/wisil/whpsc2012/speedchallenge.htm
During the week of September 10th through September 15th 2012, cyclists from around the world will gather on SR305 outside of Battle Mountain, Nevada for the 13th consecutive year of racing on what is arguably the straightest, flattest, and smoothest road surface in the world.

The 4,619ft (1,408m) altitude road allows riders an acceleration zone of over 4 miles, enabling them to reach their maximum velocity before being timed over a 200 meter distance. The section of the road used for this event was newly refinished in 2009, with a smooth surface specially prepared for human powered cycle racing by the Nevada Department of Transportation.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
time to educate you on a few things....

human flat land pedal only speed records are....
Current WHPSC Records:
In 2009, Sam Whittingham broke his own record again for a human powered speed of 82.819 MPH!
In 2010, Barbara Buatois broke her own record, with a women's human powered speed of 75.69 MPH.
In 2011, Greg Westlake broke his own record with an arm powered world speed record of 45.68 MPH.
this is done using less then 1/2 a horse power on a BICYCLE
That's all cool and everything, but we are not talking about pedal-only speeds. We are talking about motorized speeds. Yes, there are bicyclists who can go extremely fast. They are obviously very well trained and conditioned riders, and at least some of them are probably professional. There is a big difference between a trained rider and the average joe.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
That's all cool and everything, but we are not talking about pedal-only speeds. We are talking about motorized speeds. Yes, there are bicyclists who can go extremely fast. They are obviously very well trained and conditioned riders, and at least some of them are probably professional. There is a big difference between a trained rider and the average joe.
wrong again its in the GEARING you can either gear for power or speed.... those bikes are geared for speed and could not climb a hill at all without being pushed up it. If you read the posts and the links you would know it took almost FIVE miles to reach that speed

Haughnph

Nov 6, 2011
El Paso
When I want to go 80 MPH I do it on this.

IMHO doing over the top stuff on the Motorized Bike will only give law enforcement fire power to use against the hobby in areas of the country where they are barely tolerated as it is.

:EXAMPLE:

6 o'clock new flash......... Man killed on home built motorized bike while traveling at speeds believed to be at 70-80 MPH, to be clear about what a motorized bike is, it is a typical bicycle that has had a gas engine installed on it, the officials we spoke to told us they are dangerous and probably should not be allowed on the public streets.

I wonder how many normal 25-30 MPH MB would be allowed to run around town as they had been after an ordeal like this happened, I'll bet it would be screwed up for everyone who had one and they wouldn't be tolerated in that town anymore.

50-60 on a Bicycle is crazy fast, 80 on a bicycle is stupid fast....IMO

just my $0.02 nothing more, nothing less, that all.

Peace, Map
Chill I dont plan running this in the city. I have a nice stretch of ol highwayjust east of El Paso. My Pa is law enforcement out there. If I accomplish this. I assure you it will be under the safest of conditions.

Haughnph

Nov 6, 2011
El Paso
wrong again its in the GEARING you can either gear for power or speed.... those bikes are geared for speed and could not climb a hill at all without being pushed up it. If you read the posts and the links you would know it took almost FIVE miles to reach that speed
All and all have you seen the bicycles they make those speeds with? They need a push start just to get moving. Its all about the gear always has. People are only limited by their imagination.