Start up glitches.

GoldenMotor.com

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
So I have my beast running now and I have encounterd a couple of things I am wondering about. Today I made three short hops for break in purposes (and just to go out and ride). The first 2 went fine but for the third when I got started the engine just raced. I finally figured out that the throttle was stuck and managed to get it to free itself by twisting it a coulple of times. Is that something that happens frequently? I also notice that the back of my front fender is getting discolored presumably from the exhaust. The discoloration is at about the same level as the point where the pipe from the engine enters the muffler. Am I looking at a crack in the pipe or some other such problem that I will need to be aware of? I also had a pedal fall off, but I know how to deal with that. :rolleyes:

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
I would look for the leak, if you dont find a crack at the muffler, look at the exhaust gasket, mabye loose exhaust bolts, maybe blown gasket. Get a roll of gasket material from auto supply, you will need it...