Goodwill For Bikes

GoldenMotor.com

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
No! I'll definitely take a look though.

I remember when I was waiting for my kit to arrive, I went to goodwill and I found an awesome classic cantilever schwinn, army green with a rear rack and a built-in headlight. It was so cool but I wasn't sure if I wanted it. I went back the next day and someone had taken it! What a sad day.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Here is another supplier of cheap if not free bikes , talk to your local boro most of them save lost or stolen bicycles that go unclaimed an just scrap them after so long, I got 30 from my boro in one shot free the guys said getem out of here . I replied THANK YOU !

KDB

Jun 19, 2011
Maryland
From Wikipedia:

Boro has several meanings:
Boro, New South Wales, a locality in Australia
Boro (Formula One) was a Dutch Formula One constructor.
Boro, Togo is a village is the Kara region of Togo
Boro is a local nickname for the English town Middlesbrough
Middlesbrough F.C.
The BORO Method is a process for developing formal ontologies.
An informal, shortened form of the political division type borough, used both in the names of some towns, but also as official county level subdivisions in the Northeastern United States, especially Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia.
Boro is also a variant spelling for the Bodo (community) people of northeast India
Boro Isaac Adaka - a celebrated Niger Delta nationalist and Nigerian civil war hero.
Boro is a variety of rice grown during the dry season in Bangladesh

thegnu what the heck are you talking about?

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
sorry I meant boro as FREEDOM boro road department or Weirton boro road department , our local road departments store such things for the police department untill they determine if someone will claim the items , or hold them until they scrap them at any of the larger recycling plants in the area . I hope I have cleared up the confusion I created .

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
They auction them here also.

Interesting info on "Boro". I lived next to a town in NW Pennsylvania that was named Springboro. This usage is very common in PA as stated. Now if you want to get technical about PA here is one for you. There is only 1 legal "town" in PA. There are lots of places with town in their name but only that 1 legal town. Don't ask! I don't remember the name of it. But yes, a boro is a legal sub-division of the Commonwealth Of Pennsylvania.

Terry

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
I have purchased several bikes from them. I used to visit about twice a week and some really good buys would happen. Schwinn Stingray for 35.00 , like new just a little loose etc. I say use them whenever you can.

Ditchrider

Jun 25, 2011
California
In the late 70s and the 80s the boys and I would take the garbage to the landfill and bring back a larger load of lawn mowers and bicycles. Now they have a big pit and run over everything with a big tractor. We watched them run over a brand new mountain bike, sad feeling for sure. It would be easy for people to say free bike on Craigs list, hate to see bikes go like that.