Let's see how this pans out (problem with a new motor)

GoldenMotor.com

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
They always say that when you are dealing with a company.....the moment of truth when you have a problem- it's how the company takes care of you that really tells you how the company is run.....

I recently bought a motor from Thats Dax...unfortunately, I think the motor might have been a dud because it stopped running yesterday.

As I was riding at about 1/2 throttle...the motor gradually slowed down and stopped. I tried to start it, but I felt more resistance then usual so it probably has a bad bearing.

At any rate, I am going on vacation in a week with a couple of buddies, we are riding our bikes down to Chesapeake Bay and back. I emailed the guys at Thats Dax about my issue....I'm sure they will take care of it for me, but I am gonna be gutted if he can't get me a new motor here by next Saturday :-(

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
Update....the kind gentlemen at Thats Dax had me check the torque settings of the head bolts and much to my dismay.....I discovered one bolt was completely loose and when i went to tighten it up.....nada-the bolt hole is stripped.

I'm just wondering how the engine even managed to run for the 10 days that I had it. I'm sure That's Dax will make it right, but wow....what a pain in the butt.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
A dud from Dax? I don't hear that often. Don't sweat it though. The guy at Dax will take care of you.

This type of thing here is why some of us prefer to deal with vendors that have a solid reputation, and like to keep it. Customer service is always worth more to some people than finding the absolute, rock-bottom, lowest price out there.

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
I have no doubt that they will make it right, I'm just hoping he can FedEx me a new motor by this coming Friday.

Me and a couple buddies have an awesome 4 day road trip planned for our bikes.

It was weird, my next door neighbor is a mechanical engineer and he has no idea how that thing even ran with 3 head bolts.

I was babying it because I wanted to break in nice and easy....maybe that's why it lasted as long as it did.