Fuel valves and filters

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Here are a few fuel valves and filters available from other industries. Whether you prefer the vintage look of a sediment bowl, screw in or inline, metal or plastic, with or without built in screen, straight or 90 degree, the lawnmower supply shop can offer all. I got these from the Rotary catalog, which most mower repair shops stock or can get in a couple of days. The threaded valves are 1/8" npt, and the slip ons are 1/4".

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks for sharing this. Some nice options for us.
You'll want to make sure the plastic valves/filters are compatible with the ethanol based gasolines that many states have gone to. Just a heads up if you live in one of them.
Tom

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Thanks, 2door, I hadn't considered that aspect. I just got off the phone with Rotary and their technical dept. informed me that all their plastic fuel related items are safe with fuels up to an E15 rating, which is 15% ethanol.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Here's an odd-ball I've had around for awhile. Its a toggle switch but also a valve. The type is what is referred to as an AWOG (Air, Water, Oil, Gas) valve but instead of rotating to operate it you simply flip the toggle switch to open or close it. Its rated at 0 to 125psi and has 1/8" female pipe threads. I'll mount it on a bike someday and use it for my fuel shut off, when I need a small project.
Tom

Attachments