Hello from Alabama

GoldenMotor.com

akagoldminer

Oct 25, 2010
Sylacauga, Alabama
Hi all will probaly need help in the future just got my first 80cc raw engine kit and the bike i had is no good will need to get new bike. already got one picke outjust need to get it. i am retired from the US Army and looking to get into building custom choppers after this project. found atomiczombie.com and now in love with the idea of building my own custom bike. I will probably have a ton of questions in the future so thanks in advance for the help akagoldminer

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place for asking questions, finding information and inspirations. There are some very fine people here willing to share what they know. Thanks for your service in the military, by the way.
SB

akagoldminer

Oct 25, 2010
Sylacauga, Alabama
Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place for asking questions, finding information and inspirations. There are some very fine people here willing to share what they know. Thanks for your service in the military, by the way.
SB
You are welcome and thanks to all on here with greater knowledge than me.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
You are welcome and thanks to all on here with greater knowledge than me.
I tend to think of it more as knowledge which is different than, rather than greater than. We all come to the table with something, if only with the quality of who we are as human beings. I came with some prior experience as a teacher and an artisan in other areas, such as leather and stained glass, some building and woodwork. It is clear you bring much in being a veteran. So we draw on who we are, what we have seen and what we think we know and share it here as it relates to a common passion for fooling around with motored bicycles. We all of us were twelve once, feeling the wind in our faces, perhaps with playing cards on the spokes making a pretend motor. Now we have real ones. Ha! Your going to have a whole lot of fun, but be forewarned... this not only can be addictive, it is.
SB

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Welcome.....

From Calera, Alabama...25 miles south of Birmingham. These HT's are 100% legal in Alabama so you don't have to be concerned about them except for helmet, and lights at night.

65, 210# and climbed Oak Mountain (1500' climb) without a problem. Lets ride sometime if you are close by. Next I'd like to ride.... Alabama State Parks

Cheaha State Park is the pinnacle of natural beauty and awe in Alabama. Surrounded by the Talladega National Forest, this foothill of the Appalachian Mountains is the highest point in Alabama. Standing 2,407 ft. above sea level, it is no wonder why the local Creek Indians named this place “Chaha,” meaning high place.