60 MPH...achieveable? Who cares?!? Let blueprint an engine!

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Now I gotta guess the stock cage bearing on the piston wrist pin will not be used.. Just saw somebody's blow up today. Not the fist I have herd of ether.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I think someone should have taken the bet....of course DV didn't put a time limit on his bet, so like the aircraft world, maybe in many several years, the speed of sound will also be had.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I think someone should have taken the bet....of course DV didn't put a time limit on his bet, so like the aircraft world, maybe in many several years, the speed of sound will also be had.
I would have to be right there, in person, watching, before I'd believe there was a 49 cc china girl capable of xct2breaking the sound barrier. Even then, It'd be hard to fathom. And I would certainly question the sanity of the rider.

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
ive gotten 40 on a single speed and my motor was screaming to the point of popping it,60mph ahhh maybe with jackshaft,but id hate to be the one on it when it pops

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC
OK wheres it at you've had a few months now where is the bike? where is the proof? huh? I don't see it... is it an imaginary bike? that I have to believe it exists for me to see it?
I dont know

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I have seen a whole lot of people giving these guys crap just cause Jim runs a shop that does business every day and he can't spend every single day working on this super engine. He has already explained that he is doing his regular business things and don't have a lot of time to play.

Seriously you guys need to give it a rest. It is already way old.

Flight Risk

Jan 25, 2010
What Nunya said!
If you guys would read all the posts you will see that Jim is just making the best engine he can. If it goes over 50 great, if it hits 55 super, if it hits 60 woW!

RS

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
It is getting kind of old now. If it goes fast, good job. It goes fast. You'll get a 'atta boy and have something to talk about and maybe win some bets. If it runs smoother, good job. It runs smoother. If it does both, great job. It's still a boat load of mods and money to a $100 engine. Kind of like making a Honda Civic out run a Corvette, it can be done. Is it worth it? Depends on who is asking the question. The people on the outside will probably say "no" and the ones with their hands on it are all into it. It's relative.

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
picky, picky. It was good enough, wasn't it? You'd still have a civic, just a fast one. What about making this bicycle outrun a souped up civic?

See what I mean about it being relative? Depends on who is involved. I'll rephrase if the comparison was so bad. It's like trying to make a civic out run a (pick a sports car). There are some out there that view corvettes the way others view civics, easily obtainable. They probably try to make vettes out run something else. It goes on and on. That's why it's relative. I use to be into 4x4's(yes, I'm a redneck.) I spent lots of cash to have the biggest and baddest only to go bust mudholes and break stuff that ended in spending more cash. Eventually, I figured out that it wasn't worth it to me anymore. It still is worth it to many others, just not me. RELATIVE!

Last edited:

rockhopper

Mar 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Hi 4easy. It's cool that you are so close by. If you can give me two hours notice I'll have a 2010 Corvette for you to race. My friend in Wickenberg buys a new one each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.