CARBS...I give up

GoldenMotor.com

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Here is an update. I did not make the test run today,..but instead re-orient or reposition the engine so that the carbs is away from the seat post. Whew..thanks to the Ridleys mount that you can do variety of things the easy way. I called Ridley last Friday and gave me the exact dimension of where the mounts / engine is supposed to be and Whala...here it is. See the comparison from before first pics and after. See how far the carbs are now from before. Now...I just have to shorten the chain...after all this will be the moment of truth..I will test drive it.

Attachments

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
To all on this thread: I said some stupid things for which Im truely sorry. I was under the influence of alcohol and my posts were nothing but stupidity on my part. I usually respect all and try to be helpful here because thats what I see and read. Again Im sorry if I offended anyone and I hope to remain apart of this forum.....No excuses except me being an idiot thinking I know some thing when Im clueless.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Well dang it Bandito, if that were true of all of us instead of most of us, I would be banned, beaten and asked; "wtf?" lol is all. Takes a big and good man to say that Sir. You are OK in my book!

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
FINALLLY!!! It works. The bike now IDLES and Idle reallly goood!!! See the video..

I think it was the crapy intake manifold is the culprit. or could be the throttle cable (because of the kink inside the throttle housing).

Anyways I took the engine off the bike and reassembled it all back again. I called Ridleys and walk me through the re-install and re-mount of the engine. Almost all of the parts was upgraded..new studs from SBP, new intake and throttle cable, new NGK plugs, new plug wires and cap, new fuel filter.

I can feel the engine is really strong and notice a big deterrence with new NGK plugs and Accel wires.

Thanks to all members of the this forum. You guys really stick it around and help me solve this problem. You're the best!!

/Ron

YouTube - Motorized Bike Idle

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Guys I am not don yet...OOHH....another Engine??

This is for my next build on a FELT Revolver...The bike has been ordered and it is on the way. This is my winter project...A 50cc Starfire GEN 2-A all chrome with black powdered coated head. For this project I am using Creative Engineering's engine mount, intake manifold, sprocket and adapter...I have learned a lot of experience from my first build..so i think this one will be easy...

Attachments

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Again Im sorry if I offended anyone and I hope to remain apart of this forum.
Lot of people under a lot of pressure now days we all need to be a bit more patient with each other might be me or anyone else next time. Thats alot of what really used to be great about this country sticking together.

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
FINALLLY!!! It works. The bike now IDLES and Idle reallly goood!!! See the video..

I think it was the crapy intake manifold is the culprit. or could be the throttle cable (because of the kink inside the throttle housing).

Anyways I took the engine off the bike and reassembled it all back again. I called Ridleys and walk me through the re-install and re-mount of the engine. Almost all of the parts was upgraded..new studs from SBP, new intake and throttle cable, new NGK plugs, new plug wires and cap, new fuel filter.

I can feel the engine is really strong and notice a big deterrence with new NGK plugs and Accel wires.

Thanks to all members of the this forum. You guys really stick it around and help me solve this problem. You're the best!!

/Ron

YouTube - Motorized Bike Idle
Here is another video (bike on idle)...sorry for the poor lighting...

YouTube - Second idle.MPG

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Thanks guys........just being unemployed and no DL has gotten me into this bicycle thing and Im at 2 fully equipped MABs now and I want another build. As I said the other half is on my but about this so im trying to sell one to finance another.......long story but my idleness has contributed to me drinking alot and doing some thing stupid.......I am truely sorry folks! Im done, no mas.