Hello from Florida!!

GoldenMotor.com

jflyer

Sep 17, 2009
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Well, I'm all new to bicycles with motors, but not motor bikes, or bicycles for that matter. I am putting together my first 80/66cc. I got the whole thing finished to find out I had a factory defect magneto. I am waiting for the part. Also, while waiting, I read up, in this forum, about preformance and ordered a slant head for higher compression, a 36 tooth sproket, a chambered & tuned exhaust, and I took the time to port and polish my intake and exhaust. I can't wait for the brown truck to show up.

jflyer

Sep 17, 2009
The first two pix are, here is how it looks now, bran new, never ridden, stage 1, and waiting for parts. The next two, the cats like to check everything out!! Bikes, turtles, whatever... And the last pic is my virgin untouched bike. I hope the Fuji holds up??
.fly

Attachments

markeatmark

Jun 17, 2009
jacksonville NC
Hey Flier welcome. That bike is gong to fly for sure. put i would take off that fender it will brake and you will do a face plant. Happy motoring ...Mark

markeatmark

Jun 17, 2009
jacksonville NC
take them both off, but the front fenders top mount will brake the strut will lock up the front tire. like a mousetrap you will slam the street. it's happen to me

jflyer

Sep 17, 2009
I'm back with good news and more good news. The starting problem turned out to be a faulty magneto. It started right up and after some initial tweaking, it runs great, I'm happy say. I then installed my slant head. It gave it significant power. I did have a slight problem with piston slap, that I solved with a combo of using gasket material from the auto parts store sandwiched in between aluminium roofing flashing. I may have used to much gasket material, reducing my compression more than I should have. I may reduce the thickness at a later date, however, over all, it still has more power. Check out the pix. I have an exhaust system I will install when I have a larger block of time, but tonight, good news, bad news, I need to fix a flat on the rear tire, and I will take this time to install the 36 tooth sproket seen in the pic. A report will follow. dance1.fly

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Fuji has always made a sturdy bike for the money and it should make a great motorbike.
Frequent rain showers will require some kind of fenders. A cargo rack can be used on the rear in place of a fender. You can use a fender on the front but it must be carefully mounted and reinforced to withstand engine vibration.

jflyer

Sep 17, 2009
scratg

Thanks, I have been riding my new creation now for about a week now and have been doing upgrades along the way. I installed the slant head, and I finally got my chambered exhaust installed. I took a short test ride and you can definately notice a difference. The bike pulls better and runs a bit smoother. Next is the 36 tooth sproket. I'll keep you posted. Also, you can see on on of the pic that I have an extra thick amount of gasket material. I believe I have more than needed. I did this to fix the piston slap problem I got when I first installed the slant head. I will probably reduce the thickness as much as allowable to increase compression.

.fly

Attachments

jflyer

Sep 17, 2009
After riding the bike around today, I found that it now has an extreme amount of viabration at higher rpms and that it cuts out at high rpms due to lack of fuel. The high rpm harmonic viabration is so bad, that it not only makes it extremely uncomfortable to ride, but it shakes loose all the bolts on the bike causing a major ongoing maintenance issue around tightening bolts and nuts all over the bike. I tried to make it richer with no success. I adjusted the float as much as possible with out it flooding, and again no luck. It still acts like it is starving for fuel and cutting out at the upper end of the rpm band. Remember, this bike is ported as well. With these problems persisting, I will have to go back to the stock exhaust. Anybody have any suggections?

.fly