Uploading photos

GoldenMotor.com

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
I dont know where to ask this so Im doing it here. I tried to upload a photo that I showed to a previous thread. It said that I already uploaded this photo and it would not let me show the same photo to another topic. Why is this as Id like to discuss something else with the same picture. Am I just doing something wrong? Or do I always have to show a different picture?

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Yep that is true. I believe you can just rename the picture and re use it. Another tip on photos that are too big and you need to resize them like cell phone photos just email them to yourself and it will ask what size, pick a smaller size and whala. Save the attachment into a file or you camera roll again and it will be the perfect size for the forum.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I suspect it is to save space on the servers that two copies of picture are not allowed. Renaming is a way around, but moderator would not approved this method I suspect. I know there is someway to put a link on the posting to the specific picture already on the thread somewhere else, or a different thread on MB, but best I figured was the webpage and stating what post number and which picture of that post number. That is awkward, so if someone can give an example of a picture already in a post on a thread here at MB and show the link to a specific picture where one does not have but to only see than the picture, that would be great!

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Yes it is to save server space. But you may re-name your photo to re-post it, no mod will stop that.

I have found in the past that just renaming sometimes does not work. A few times I had to rename the photo and resize it to be able to post it again.

I do not recall a way to just post a link to a specific photo in a thread or post. I do know you can post a link just to a post that the photo is in.

example--- http://motorbicycling.com/showpost.php?p=501987&postcount=3

Just click on the post count # of the thread and copy the link.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Thanks that works. I did think just the one photo there was a way as someone who used the chat window put a single picture in with the text. This or had a link within the chat text, that had MB part of the web address and it took you to just a single photo. The photo was already part of a post on a thread within MB. Who might know of that?

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
It doesn't matter where a pic is on the internet, just right click it and select Copy Image Location.
Then Paste the link between image tags.

I have my own internet sever and upload all my pics there so I can reference them whenever and wherever I want in a post with just the IMG tags.

Handy ;-}