Untimely greetings

GoldenMotor.com

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
Welcome to the group CF. Its good to hear your up and running and probably wearing a big grinn every time you fire your bike up. Enjoy the ride...Kelly:ride2:
Hey Kelly,

Thanks for the welcome.

You know, I think I do have a stoopid grin smeared all over my face when I hop on that bike.

I feel kinda like an outlaw, gettin' away with something that should be illegal. A motor bike that isn't! Hey, how's that for an advertising slogan: Ride the motorbike that isn't! Ahhh. Maybe it's not worth risking starting a business.

Anyway. I'm quite delighted to have figured out that this could be a viable, cheap, efficient way to and from work. By passing heavy traffic, heavy gas prices, parking fees, licensing / insurance costs and mechanics fees.

It blows my mind a little that this old and quite simple technology would find itself so ideally suited as a solution to a number of modern transportation problems!

I'm reminded of the old story that David slew Goliath with a lowly slingshot.

Brenton

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Kewl! snork.
A wile back we made a beer for Dave Barry's fictious bid for presidency. Came out pretty cool. A bud in SA made the label design. As a goof, we should make one for MBers. Do some thing charitable with the proceeds. Dave Barry's Blog: STRUMPDATE

This could be a fun winter project. I still have some fancy bottles.
"Specially crafted for the slow going" Snork, Now theres a marketing hook!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
How about a bumper sticker "Motorized bicyclers do it slower!" :p
Bumper stickers would be cool.

I have been looking for a wile for blank printable bumper stickers. I am going into t shirts, mugs and steins for MBers. (to raise $ for R&D) would be cool. Might just buy a roll of magnetic material with double tape on the back. Really dunno. My buddy in South Africa who does my graphics has told me it can be costly and not to bother with even trying home printing.

CF, when I first read that, I saw; "Girl scout stout" rotfl

Attachments

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
Bumper stickers would be cool.

I have been looking for a wile for blank printable bumper stickers. I am going into t shirts, mugs and steins for MBers. (to raise $ for R&D) would be cool. Might just buy a roll of magnetic material with double tape on the back. Really dunno. My buddy in South Africa who does my graphics has told me it can be costly and not to bother with even trying home printing.

CF, when I first read that, I saw; "Girl scout stout" rotfl
LOL

Girl Scout Stout -- Ain't all Cookies and Milk

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Not one person has said this would or even could work. So naturally I am gonna build it.
Whats the worst that can happen.
Wut?

guy who does ultralights; "Well gravity would keep you in your seat 99% of the time... it's that sudden patch of turbulence or that rough landing where you would be glad to have seat restraints. Wouldn't be any fun getting knocked off in the air, or while on the ground for that matter... especially with that whirling prop behind you."

Last edited:

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
Not one person has said this would or even could work. So naturally I am gonna build it.
Whats the worst that can happen.
Wut?

guy who does ultralights; "Well gravity would keep you in your seat 99% of the time... it's that sudden patch of turbulence or that rough landing where you would be glad to have seat restraints. Wouldn't be any fun getting knocked off in the air, or while on the ground for that matter... especially with that whirling prop behind you."
There is a one-man, fuselage-less glider I have seen somewhere. Bit like a cross between a hang glider and a biplane.

Lemme see if I can find it. ...

Hah! Check this out:

Google Image Result for http://buntingnet.com/easyriser/easyriser1.jpg

(would be nice if the link weren't such a reckless waste of good electrons, hey?!)

So, it's not a glider, but I'm sure I've seen a glider version. Could adapt the idea to use a ChinaGirl bike or trike to get airborne for the glide... or could have several ChinaGirls powering props for air power....

Go for it!

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
Oh, oh, oh...how awesom would it be if the bike/trike were detachable, so you could fly someplace, with wings attached, then detach them, on the ground to have yourself a "Happy Time", riding around your destination.

A MBc-Plane. That'll up the ante in this hobby, big time.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Exactly CF! A chute would stow and go perfect!

TrampSir, Get out of my head! Was thinking just that. Chute would be a prob though if launched wet, I think. But Styrofoam floats are $75 a peace. I checked, snork. Would be cool to have a MB that could launch on land or water. But thats just crazy.

I have been talking to some folks who do this. (PPCs) They think I am nutz but this could work. All about the next level of crazy!
A guy there showed me a web page. There is a company that sells scooter like things that fly via a Powered parachute.

Whats the worst that could happen? LOL