jus drowned out

GoldenMotor.com

txlixard469

Feb 21, 2011
austin
I was riding my bike today and it just drowned out , once on my way to work and the final one on my lunch break . I am thinking its one of two things cdi or my coil can anyone help me , I have a trip coming up to port arthur PLEASE :-||

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
I experienced the drown-out on a long run today and I expect the CDI is to fault. Replacement on order.

I have a question on improving the electrical. I read "Rat" or such are better magneto and CDI..

Is this a kit and if so what kind of "White Wire" power can I use after the upgrade.

If there is a upgrade for my China-Motor..

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
I would replace your sparkplug before doing AYTHING else like ordering more parts, if by drowned out you meen loss of power and a kind of sputtering performance @best- its probably the plug! I've pulled out plugs which STILL LOOKED GOOD-but as soon as they were replaced, zoom, zoom, zoom...
and pulling that little bit of current off the white wire will foul a plug quicker! I've done it b4, but found batteries cheaper than plugs in the long run...

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
I would replace your sparkplug before doing ANYTHING else like ordering more parts, if by drowned out you mean loss of power and a kind of sputtering performance @best- its probably the plug! I've pulled out plugs which STILL LOOKED GOOD-but as soon as they were replaced, zoom, zoom, zoom...
and pulling that little bit of current off the white wire will foul a plug quicker! I've done it b4, but found batteries cheaper than plugs in the long run...
No white wire use here. New Plug for that ride. Lots of battery power on-board.
We went through step by step and there was no spark out of the spark plug wire.
That was last night. Today my friend brought the bike on to my place and had seen a problem with the Magneto coil today we didn't see last night. I understand a wire out of the coil was broken. I didn't see that last night but then we were all tired after a long run that ended with a ride after my motor died.

I'm learning. So with a swapped out Magneto and an odd spark plug wire it is running.

It turned out to be poor quality on the Magneto. I read there are 4 hole higher quality Magnetos but I don't see any advertised so far.
Poor plug wire took some abuse. Oh well I'll get a nice wire from SBP.

Thanks for the advice.

More on Magneto and trouble shooting Great Magneto Mystery

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
I'm sorry, friend, but once again we're "lost in translation"...
the query I responded to was: "...&if so, what kind of white wire power can I use..."
I suggested-DONT
and, again, pictures help broken English for us uni-linguals....want to help you, but there is a majority of things you say which I'd rather not GUESS AT- when it's YOUR bike/engine on the line ultimately...