motorized unicycle build

GoldenMotor.com

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I've had this idea for a while. Built it today in 3 hrs outta stuff I had layin around. Got it running right before dark.
now I gotta figure out how to ride it :~)

DSC_1423.JPG

DSC_1417.JPG

Last edited:

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
Awesome idea and I want to see ya ride it, but I foresee a bad ending lol. Maybe add a small rear stabilizer wheel I think you will probably need one in the front as well to to keep your face from hitting the ground lol I really would like to be there when you try to ride it lmao good luck

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Yeah' I'm kinda 'scaird of it. Shouldn't be hard to find a young experienced unicyclist here in NOLA eager to try it out for me.

Last edited:

buzbikebklyn1

Jun 3, 2009
Brooklyn N.Y.
Wayne... you are one very sick man...lol
i like it...
but i think you might need some kind of gyro stabilization device to keep you from landing either on your face or on your back like a 5 dollar whore during fleet week!
Please by all means.... video your first attempts to ride it... it would be a Youtube classic.
BBB

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I LOVE IT!!! That is some good 'ol white boy engineering right there!!! (^)
If you learn to ride it?, you MUST get it on video & post it here!!! :D

You might also need a hand brake to control it?

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
I know I just figured it out!! you need to rip the parts out of a segway that should work to keep your face out of the ground as well as your ass lol

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia
Justin from ebikes.ca has had a traditional type uni cycle with an electric motor on it for sometime

full build log on Endless Sphere forum

KiM

EDIT: according to the nets most reliable reference :p Wikipedia your build is a -> Impossible wheel (BC wheel): a wheel with pegs or metal plates connected to the axle for the rider to stand on. These wheels are for coasting and jumping. A purist form of unicycle, without cranks.

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I could see where a sticky throttle might result in a broken tailbone - as the thing shoots out from under you and gravity does its thing. Be careful with that...contraption.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Wayne doesn't seem like much of a problem to attach 2 trainning wheels(one for 1 aft).
You could experiment anyway.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Yeah ,fore and aft stability wheels were always part of the plan. Just haven't finished yet.
I may let someone experienced with unicycles try it without wheels, on the grass.

It is amazingly stable with the low footpegs. Should be pretty easy to learn. If I hold a wall or post, I can stand stationary on it without touching the handlebars.

Maybe a small wheel in front to start, and a skid in the back to stop.

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
rad ride! i cant see it getting me around. but what a great idea, and its got to be a blast to try and ride it.:)