On An Average Ride....

GoldenMotor.com

Elitefr

Sep 12, 2010
Pittsburgh
I have only seen 2 or 3 around here during the summer, so i usually don't see any riding around here! hopefully more come in the summer

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Are you sure they're guys Bairdco? Guys aways stop me and want to know how big my motor is and how fast I can go. I see one guy quite often, he always blows by me about 40 miles an hour.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
yeah, they're guys. i usually see them when i'm getting my mail or something, never when i'm riding. none of them are wearing helmets, no plates, lights, etc.

that's a bust if you go a few blocks into Newport Beach.

all their bikes are just plain old cheap cruisers, so i never flag them down, 'cause i'm a snob.:)

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Make friends with them then you can be working on their stuff and yours.laff
That's the thought that occurs to me to many years wrenching.lol To much asplaining to do! Ol wally and all. I send them here:)

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
"Never let anyone know what you're capable of" Grandad's motto, "You'll just be working on their crap forever" "Unless theirs a buck in it for you: don't let them know what you can do." He's a Dutchman, wise words though...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Except for Duane, (dax), I never see another motorbiker. Ran into 'Streetstrip' a couple of summers ago and 'Nash Opel', who has fallen off the face of the earth, but other than that I never see anyone. It would be cool to see more but it is an odd hobby that only a few seem to be interested in around here. Why is that?
Tom

Edit: I forgot about the three I saw in the bed of a hot rod pickup at a car show this fall. Never found the owner but he had business cards people could take. He builds MBs and sells them. I left one of my cards and called his number, left a message but he never returned the call.

Last edited:

David D.

Sep 12, 2010
California
none....but it will change.... i have sold around ten here in town....i saw my son riding one today..... but we left here together :)

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida
No one at work has seen my bikes except in pictures. Two of the floor techs are interested in what I've been doing (I use the shop at the office to fabricate) and have started researching and asking me questions. They are both in their 50's. I guess there are really only 2 camps when it comes to motorbicycles...
The WHY camp and the COOL camp.

tim turbo

Nov 18, 2009
fergus falls mn.
Same here in MN. I see one or two,once in awhilebut have not had a chance to stop them to just B.S. One day this past fall I was out in my yard doing the anual leaf clean up, and an MBer went cruising by, and I jumped on my bike to try and run him down but no luck, lost him. I would like to find other like minded people in town !

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
My good friend Hawaii Ed lives within 8 miles. His neighbor had awesome 460/Staton/NuVinci and twin-Honda/Staton/NV combinations for his bike. He's moving on, so that leaves two of us.

I saw a cruiser/HT on two occasions, then he sold it. A high school member named Orange Brian lived a quarter-mile from me, but I never met him.

In three years I've had four sightings. xct2