Grubee? Are they REALLY that good?

GoldenMotor.com

mojoman288

Apr 26, 2010
Toledo, OH
.duh.Hey guys, im new here,

So Im starting a project, and I hear these grubee motors are really good, but how good are they? Im choosing between a grubee and a flying horse motor, Do you guys know which is better, in terms of quality and reliability { did i spell that right?} And any tips on making the motor last really long? { i already have some blue loctite, anything else?}

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I've a friend with a 'Flying Horse' & my Grubee 'Skyhawk' looks identical, not even a lil variance like with my generic engine... *shrug*

Best bet? Don't worry so much about "brand" and go fer a reputable dealer as sometimes even with the "best" ya might get a lemon ;)

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I like mine. Its not a Honda, for sure, but I think it will be fine. I suggest using the blue loctite on the studs going into the block, and on the nuts. Replace the intake and muffler gaskets plus add a carb gasket from Sick Bike Parts (you have to file the exhaust gasket out to fit). The cork gaskets won't last.

Run 32:1 in it forever after break in, can't hurt anything. Mine likes it.

Make sure you keep grease in the right side case, where the gears mesh, but don't soil your clutch.

Use a spring type chain tensioner/roller to cut vibrations and make sure the chain never locks up in the drive cog case.

Do all that and you will be way ahead of most.

Best of luck from Dallas TX.