Fuel tank opinion...

GoldenMotor.com

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
I got this tank off of a weed whacker I found at the dump. I plan on getting a two-stroke 80cc kit and use the tank for a future project. As you can see, I don't want to mount one above the tank that's on it already. I'm thinking of a nice cover to hide it, but I thought I'd get an opinion or two from the experts. I'd really like to custom build something that would fit inside the faux tank eventually as cash allows, so this will be a temporary unit. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
looks pretty small. same with building a "tank within your tank."

the stock half-gallon peanut gets me about 60 miles. i really wanted an inframe tank on my Colson 24" but it woulda held about 32oz, which is like a 1/4 gallon.

i guess it depends on if you're only making short trips, or you want to bring extra gas.

Sign Guy

Jan 19, 2010
Everett, WA
I didn't like the small tank so I got a 1 gal tank and put it in a box on the back rack kinda like you did. You can see via this pict where it is at. Picasa Web Albums - bdiver - Motorized Bik... Here is a shot of the fuel coming out. Picasa Web Albums - bdiver - Motorized Bik... Since this picture was taken I've lined the box with some old sign material I covered inn black and made a cover over the top that I made black also. Nobody can see the fuel tank now and when your legs are on the pedals you can hardly see the engine so it's quite stealthy. I'll put some new picts up tonight. It's not pretty as it's my commuter so I don't care about looks that much.

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
looks pretty small. same with building a "tank within your tank."

the stock half-gallon peanut gets me about 60 miles. i really wanted an inframe tank on my Colson 24" but it woulda held about 32oz, which is like a 1/4 gallon.

i guess it depends on if you're only making short trips, or you want to bring extra gas.

I can get a cylinder of some sort to hang off the seat for spare gas....