Rate my bike

GoldenMotor.com

enigma

Jan 22, 2008
First post, here is one of my builds- Started life as a Schwinn Stingray XL, it has a 125cc 5 speed, ninja 250 rear, honda forward controls and is liscensed as a motorcycle in my state.
Opinions?

Another:

Pete

Jan 4, 2008
SoCal
It is real kewl for the kid in me but it is not a bicycle, in that it has no pedal power.

Last edited:

enigma

Jan 22, 2008
No cracks, has 3000 miles on it, I run it 65mph all the time.
As far as the "bicycle" goes, sure, no pedals. But bicycles don't come with engines either, we all have to express our artistic opinions in our own way, otherwise they would all be the same.

I'm in indiana

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
that is the first bmx i have seen motorized!(^) i personally motorized my bicycle so i didnt have to pedal. i look at the pedals as something to start the motor:D

Pete

Jan 4, 2008
SoCal
In many States, like California, no pedal power makes what should be a motorized/power assisted bicycle become a motorcycle. Once a motorcycle the rules change radically. That is my point. Ride the first motorcycle posted here in SoCal and you would be cited, the "bicycle" impounded.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Michigan any motorized bicycle with 50cc or more is considered a motorcycle or any size engine that will do 30mph or more. which means tags, insurance ect. doesn't matter if it has pedals or not. glad they don't put the engine size on the chinese 2 strokes

enigma

Jan 22, 2008
Michigan any motorized bicycle with 50cc or more is considered a motorcycle or any size engine that will do 30mph or more. which means tags, insurance ect. doesn't matter if it has pedals or not. glad they don't put the engine size on the chinese 2 strokes
same here which is why i had to apply for VIN and insure and plate it. Still, I get 90mpg, run 65 mph and have beat Harleys and Hondas at two Bike shows.

enigma

Jan 22, 2008
Thanks. It started with the original Stingrays, I always thought they looked like they needed an engine, after doing a couple I stumbled across the XL frame, much more room, larger engine. Of course there is the unique factor, there are a lot of mini choppers out there, but I have yet to see another Stingray XL like this one! And, believe it or not, this frame is nearly perfect in size, the only draw back would be the rigid rear.