engine kit on mountain bike

GoldenMotor.com

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I bought a grubee starfire II 49cc dual start(pedal or pull start)$149+30shipping
I bought a 26" roadmaster sx sport mountain bike $20
I modified the bike to get the engine to fit
i found the secret to shortening the chain(cut the chain link with a jigsaw or hacksaw,remove the number of links you want,break off the cut links with pliers-they come right off and the pins come right out,then slide the master link on)
Before you put the sparkplug boot on,unscrew the sparplug top tip off,or it wont fit on
I put my gastank on a rack that was already on the back of bike
It took me a week to do the bike,because i had problems with my pedals and frame
im waiting til tommorrow to start the bike for the first time
i'll post pictures soon

Bicycleman48

Mar 20, 2009
New York
Sounds good, Cabinfever. That's what I am going to do to ..... have an old Bianchi Ocelot from 1991 that I am putting my motor on. It's a mountain bike but with road tires; I have a feeling that it will work extremely well. Plan to use it as a pedal-assist bike for commuting to work - 20 miles each way. Please post a picture after your shakedown cruise; by the way, I am also in NY. Best of luck and enjoy the ride..shft. Bicycleman48

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I took the bike out today for the first time,i primed it twice,pulled the pull start,It fired right up,then i adjusted the choke,climbed on released the clutch,twisted the throttle and off i was like i was riding a rocket,i tried to keep it around 20mph but it wanted to go way more,i only gave it half throttle too,i just went down the road to the store and back,i think i need to adjust the idle,i think its too high,will try to post pictures tommorrow.

Bicycleman,wow 20 miles,thats a lot,hope you build it strong.goodluck and i never heard of your bike,i must look it up.i looked up your bike,its really nice,but looks like a tight fit for v-frame engine,u might want to go with a 4stroke on back rack.

Last edited:

theonlyhek

Jul 20, 2008
Treasure Coast, FL
I am tuning in, I just bought the same engine, without pull start, although for 30 more dollars thanI payed I wish that I knew about this deal. Anyways lets see some pictures.

Ride safe, later!.wee.