Fail

GoldenMotor.com

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
well i got my eninge kit on time as expected . but the bike i bought for it the frames too small......fjweiuhfiuweuf "pulling my hair out right now" spark plug is way to close to the top tube especially when the uni mount is on there due to the frame being a centimeter too wide... anyone know of a specific bike that will work preferably hard tail mountain bike

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Spark plug too close to frame? If it's at an angle to the piston and pointing backwards, you can turn the head 180-degrees so the spark-plug points towards to the front of the bike. Might give you enough room. Give is more details! Engine type? Bike model?

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
i just bought the angle fire 66 cc flying horse engine an im putting it on an older diamondback wildwood full rigid no suspension bike

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
wow i feel so dumb.... that was the easiest thing to do an to think i was going to buy another damn bike.....

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
It always help to post pics when there an issue that needs to be resolved . And to answer your question the easiest frame to put an engine and it's some kind of a beach cruiser.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Ayup, what Dodge Dude said! All the really great and experienced builders have some great stories about such stuff.

Cool part about it is you probably saved some one else from going out and getting another bike.

Looking forward to seeing your build Aric.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Thomas A. Edison (LOL, kinda my mantra)

Pilotgeek

Apr 6, 2011
Green Bay, WI
I lived without a torque wrench for a while. Just make sure all the head bolts are tightened evenly, and make them nice and snug without feeling like they're too tight.

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
hehe :) i tightened them all evenly an not to much so if it leaks ill run out an get one hahaha ima noob

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
phew i thought i just destroyed this thing... i am having problem installing the clutch clip i dont get how it goes on haha
motor is mounted clutch handle is set up along with throttle

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
will say i love doing this 12 hours my womans gone something about putting this together is stimulating mah brain

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
I didn't use a torque wrench for most of the time I've owned this bike. lmao
Tighten in an x-pattern, then go a 1/4 turn past tight-ish.

Aric

Aug 8, 2013
maine
ok clutch is all set up now i have the gas tank frames a little small so my fuel line is doing a loop almost can i shorten this without catastrophic failure ???