A rant by Maniac57 about freedom.

GoldenMotor.com

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
This was intended as a rant AGAINST any compliance with motorbike "laws", not about how to conform.
You miss my point.
I don't care if my bicycle becomes illegal, I will still ride it.
I just won't stop for cops anymore.
I to live in Tennessee. You must have a valid driver's license, be under 50 cc and have an automatic transmission system. If you aren't within these guidelines you're already riding illegal.

Back in 2006 my idiot X-brother-in-law ran into my brother while both were riding motorized bicycles. Both were hurt really bad and had to go to the hospital in Knox county Tennessee. Both were charged with operating an improper vehicle on the public roadways. The bikes were said to be improper due to large cc size and the use of a manual clutch.

True the cops may never brother you but if you're ever in a multiple vehicle accident you may be charged as well even if the accident wasn't your fault. I've found its just better to comply with the law. Because once you get in court you're not going to win. They're really good crooks when it comes to taking your money.

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Kool! We all love watching chases on TV. :D

Hey. didn't your ticker just seize up on ya?
maybe time to mellow out? Some battles just ain't worth fighting.
Live Free or Die!
My ticker has nothing to do with it.
I'm still faster than the cops on ANY bicycle because I can go places they cannot.
I may get old, but I REFUSE to grow up!
:)

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I'm with maniac on this one. I live in Pennsylvania, and most cops here don't know the laws on motorized bicycles (for those who care because I know someone will comment about it, they are considered mopeds here, and the limits are under 50cc, 1.95 bhp or less, automatic transmission {no clutching to shift} and they must be registered which means they pass an enhanced inspection, DOT approved tires, headlight and tail light, directionals are not required as hand signals are allowed for bicycles here, must be plated, titled and insured, and must have a valid PA drivers license). My bike is illegal to begin with because my engine is over the legal limit at 98cc's. I do have a good headlight, tail light and even a brake light, but I wouln't know where to begin finding all the DOT approved items required to pass the enhanced inspection, and I have never had a driver's license because I never had enough money to buy a car. But my choice to not obey these requirements is not because I am unable to or can't afford to, its because I simply do not WANT to. I believe in a person's RIGHT to be able to get themselves around, whether its on a "legally recognized" form of transportation or not. My bike not only has an engine that's twice the legal limit, it full-on LOOKS like a motorcycle. I've had several people ask if its a Harley. I pass right by cops on my look-alike motorcycle, with my full-face motorcycle helmet on, and they don't even blink as I'm doing 30 in a 25 in the shoulder. If a cop pulled me over, I would lie and say its a 49cc (and have already). I will not let the government interfere with my ability to be mobile.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Right on! That says it all.

They want to make everything a whip- they hide behind their motivational incentives- they even want to hold us hostage over getting attention when we're sick or injured.

yeah- stick it to The Man!