new to motorized bikes

GoldenMotor.com

jerkk12

Dec 29, 2012
fresno ca.
Hi how y'all doing. Like it says above I'm new to this stuff. I want to build a bike soon and I'm not sure were to start. I have a trike I want to motorize and I'm going to get a 29" or bigger to motorize also. The trike will he for my wife she is 4'7" and 100# so its gonna be easy to find an engine for her trike. The problem is mine. I'm 6' 316# I'm not a small boy. I was wondering were to start for a powerful engine for my bike. I'm not worried about the budget for now. I just want some guidance on were to look.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum, jerk (one of my favorite movies). We have a quite a few members already that check in around 3 bills. Being your first build, I would probably go with a two stroke kit with a jackshaft/shift kit to allow you to use your bikes multi-gears to climb hills and fight headwinds. There are also some very durable rack mount kits like the Staton. There are plenty of members on the site from CA that can help you make the motorbike street legal.

jerkk12

Dec 29, 2012
fresno ca.
Thanks for the reply. I like the noise so I think a two stroke would be cool. I'm gonna look into the jackshaft. That sounds good to me. I hope I can find a kit with at least 5hp that will be nice. I didn't even think of them not being legal so I had better look into that.xct2