First spark but problems.

GoldenMotor.com

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
So I got the beast to actually run for a little bit tonight! However I am encountering what appear to be a lot of tweaking problems I would like to beg advice on. First off when the engine kicks over the chain jumps off. I've eyeballed it the best I can and it appears to be straight. It kicks off to the outside BTW. Next there isn't any fuel in the lower half of the line below the fuel filter. If I push the prime button I can see a trickle flowing down the line but it doesn't fill. Also if move the choke down while it is running the engine just races! The carb came assembled from Boygoesfast so I left it the way he set it up. Would there be adjustments that I can make to remedy this? Finally there doesn't appear to be a lot of movement in the throttle. I get about 1/8th turn between off and full. Is that normal? I'm getting so close I can taste it! Arghhhh! :rolleyes:

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
I just did mine last week from same company. Try to loosen the chain to give about 1" play in the middle. Don't worry about the fuel line mine does the same. Moving the choke down opens it and as it sounds your throttle is probably hanging open.
My throttle cable wouldn't hook-up unless the carb was almost wide open. The grip part, where the cable end hooked-in had a stop that stopped on a ledge in the housing that didn't allow the other end of the cable and slide in the carb to fully close. I used a small die grinder and an exacto knife to cut out the perch and allow the grip tube with the cable to turn back to where the cable hole is in the housing. About an extra 3/8". That gave me an whole 1/2 turn on the grip from closed to wide open. I believe the plastic casting just came out wrong.
I don't know if your problem are the same, but same seller. The only adjustments on the carb that I found so far is the screw on the side adjusts the idle speed. Turn in to raise it. I also adjusted my float and hear that the slide needle has clip positions for rich and lean.
Have fun and I hope this helps.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
It sounds like the slide is in backwards. The cut goes away from the engine, it would be facing the air cleaner. The roller guiding the bottom of the chain should be as close to the large sprocket as it can be. The purpose is to guide the chain on first and then to be the tension-er second. Look at the teeth on the sprocket some of these sprockets have square teeth, if so you will need to make them look good. the sprocket on the other side should be the example of what it should look like. You are going to have fun so keep it up you will get there. Have fun, Dave

Biker Mike

Mar 21, 2008
Cropwell Alabama
It sounds like on your carb that you did not hit the grove on the slide. There is a slot on the side of the slide and a pin in the throat of the carb that it lines up with. Make sure they are lined up and the slide goes all the way down inside the carb. this should fix your high idle problem. Have fun. :bike2: