suicide shifter

GoldenMotor.com

bigbob311

Jul 5, 2010
hampton
just wondering is there any way i could put some sort of shifter some where on the bike i havent started on the bike yet

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
And sombody took your throtle and clutch cable and fuel line,.......................

hepcat_13

May 19, 2010
New Orleans
I'm pretty new to Putting motors on bikes, but the way I understand it is in order to be able to shift the rear wheel you have to run off the hub sprocket . Am I wrong? I don't know if I explained it right. I'm interested in this. Do you have a pic of the rear hub set up?

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Yeah You need a cassette/freewheel compatible hub, a derailleur, and shifting mechanism. If You don't have these you cant shift gears, You can add them to a bike but it quickly ad$ up. For the suicide shift check out RatRodBikes I had the link but I lost it, they have a thread on building a suicide shift.
Cheers
Chainmker

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I was thinking a motor style foot break under the front of the frame and a toe shifter on the other side that would clear the pedal cranks,,,,and why are there no breaks on the throtle side:confused:

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
I hate to be one to kill creative ideas with thoughts of safety but...
I have a shift kit on my bike. While in traffic I'm constantly shifting because of stop signs, traffic lights, etc. Two hands on your handlebars where you can quickly get to your clutch and brake or both are essential in my humble opinion.

I know, I know, what a buzz kill but just remember, it's easy to see what the road's going to do, impossible to predict what other drivers will do. You must be ready for the unexpected ALWAYS!

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I hate to be one to kill creative ideas with thoughts of safety but...
I have a shift kit on my bike. While in traffic I'm constantly shifting because of stop signs, traffic lights, etc. Two hands on your handlebars where you can quickly get to your clutch and brake or both are essential in my humble opinion.

I know, I know, what a buzz kill but just remember, it's easy to see what the road's going to do, impossible to predict what other drivers will do. You must be ready for the unexpected ALWAYS!
Exactly, I was going with a stem shifter on My cruiser but after just pedaling around and having to shift, I deceided to get rid of it.
Cheers