what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

bitsnpieces

Dec 9, 2010
Melbourne, AUS
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Rode it from my house to Point Cook, approximately 22 kilometres away. Took about 40 minutes? I didn't go very fast, wasn't going flat out.

On the way home from Seddon though, about 12 km, I forgot to check time but riding along cars going at 60km/h, I was probably around 45-50km/h WOT for speed.

I wonder if it'll get faster after the break in period? o_O

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

Installed motorcycle CDI and high voltage coil. Had to shave 1mm off the side of the woodruff key to retard the ignition to get it where it should be. Now it has a timing curve like a dirt bike! Here's the results:
19.2º BTDC at idle
24º at around 3200 rpm
17º at around 5000 rpm
xct2
what's your butt dyno say about it? anything gained?

bitsnpieces

Dec 9, 2010
Melbourne, AUS

Fix a leak (hopefully it's fixed now)

Used a soda can as a temporary exhaust tip (because I lost the proper exhaust tip, and yes, I did make a hole at the bottom of the can)

Tighten clutch and brakes a little more

Moved rear basket back a little more (so I can actually completely sit on the bike)

Refuel

Stuffed rubber bits between the cooling fins of the engine (one user posted it as a tip as it helped reduce the vibration on their bike)

Gave it a quick test run.

Things to do would be:

File down part of the engine mount parts so they can sit flush with the frame

Swap out old short studs on the front mounts and replace with longer ones so I can put the bracket on

Get a new exhaust to make the engine run quiet

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida

Made a 1/4" spacer and inserted it into my throttle tension assembly to fix my small idle problem. Added my new Manic Mechanic Large CNS intake and didn't have to cut down the clutch alignment screw. He must be making them a bit longer now. If you are having CNS trouble and hate that crappy plastic spacer, this is a great product.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

what's your butt dyno say about it?
LOL, just sounded funny. But is amazing how much ya can gauge/figure out with yer butt dyno, gluteus gage, pontification pointer.

On a China girl, ya know when the forward, rt mount is loose 'cause yer upper left check feels it first.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

lol Gearnut. Before or after the last crash?

Does sound like the poorly worded "how to properly mount a Chinagirl"

Once again proving my editing skills are full proof.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

I rode it, just like I do everyday. Just rackin the hrs/miles up on it....lot's of fun and cheap to run (compared to my 4-Runner):D

dnut

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

i built an actual working brake light, then went really really fast for a coupla hours. raced a Vespa and smoked him...:)

gotta love living in southern california. was in the 70's near the beach today. supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow.

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine

i built an actual working brake light, then went really really fast for a coupla hours. raced a Vespa and smoked him...:)

gotta love living in southern california. was in the 70's near the beach today. supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow.
I would rather smoke a Vespa than a spandexer!
Their easier to keep lit and they taste better!
We didn't ask for a WEATHER REPORT! Your fixing to join Norm up there in Alaska! You guy's will be quite a sight walking on the side of the road.
Maybe we'll outfit YOU with a tight Red tank top, with one size fits all White spandex tights with a "Maine" potato in back with blue flip-flops with those cool little lights that flash as you step!_!
Pat!
Are you following this!And Paul you could be on the same route!_!Kip.
[email protected]

Last edited:

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

wrestled with the bike's frame trying to get the motor to fit better. think i got it where it needs to be, just need to fix the broken stud on the front and bolt her in nice n tight, then it should vibrate less.

bitsnpieces

Dec 9, 2010
Melbourne, AUS

Finally properly mounted my engine to the frame.
Realised I could use the long studs from the previous engine to mount the current one as my bike has a large frame at the front so needed longer studs.

Can't wait to try the beauty tomorrow and see if I can get less vibrations. :)

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

tried to drill out the broken stud but it's way stuck in there.

just gonna fab up a new way to bolt it on.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas

Dan I listened to Da Yooper's Rusty Chevrolet for you :) That's why I live where it don't snow! I been there, done that. (c)

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine

Sometimes I wish I lived somewhere it doesn't get cold .... It was -11F out this morning. My poor car gave me crap about starting. haha