Newkid

GoldenMotor.com

ericbowie

Aug 23, 2015
Cedar Park, Texas
Introductions...

Engineer, long time motorcyclist, tinkerer, and builder. Started getting into bicycle and scooter builds the last couple years.I've only done electric-powered bicycles until now: in the middle of a 2 stroke gasbike build.

I work a lot with the Nuvinci hubs; I know the tech and design fairly well and have tested their performance extensively. I can't get into details for proprietary reasons, but I can be of some help.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. We mostly learn by trial and error on this site. Maybe you will be able to help us to better predict results of our engine mods and such with your background. I think you will enjoy this site.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. We're always open to experienced folks. Feel free to to share what you can with the members. It will be appreciated.

Hope you enjoy your first gas powered bike. Just a warning: They're addictive :)

Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hello Eric, welcome to the forum

We would love to see your current 2-stroke build and your electric builds. I really enjoy reading and seeing what others are building.

ericbowie

Aug 23, 2015
Cedar Park, Texas
Well...

Here's the frame I'm using, a Giant Simple+. It's a very attractive aluminum frame that Giant managed to uglify into a this monstrosity (stock photo):

Stripped and primed here, but it's at work right now ready for final wetsand before clear coat.

I laced the rear wheel about an hour ago, and will true it up at work sometime this week. It'll be a stout wheel - Bendix red stripe hub, Velocity Aeroheat rims, 13ga spokes:

There's much more, but it's all in pieces on a rack. I soda blasted a lot of parts last week and am in the middle of cleaning it all up.

AFA all the prior work, I'll post about it when it's pertinent to the conversation. I don't imagine there's a lot of people souping up Izip scooters in here. My last build did wheelies, small ones, but still - lifting the front end of an electric scooter brings smiles to rider and watchers. :)

Last edited:

ericbowie

Aug 23, 2015
Cedar Park, Texas
Here's my scooter. I stretched an Izip 1000, rebuilt the guts of the hub with a Nuvinci Devkit. This recent pic I'm trying to get a HUD to work (& failed).

When I first finished the joining weld.