what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
yea I know I like to paint them to match the bike just need to do the chain and fuel line and ignition then its off to key west for sale got a guy taking 4 of them down there to sell

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
Today I will be swapping some forks out. I was given two mountain bike frames, both with engines, and an assortment of parts. I hope to make one complete bike that will be my daily driver until I get my custom project off the ground, then will become my backup bike once my other project is complete. So I am switching forks because one frame has a disc fork, but the other frame is in better shape for use. I won't be able to run a disc right away because the pads and calipers are missing, so I will be installing a c-brake for the time being but I figured easier to switch forks now before the bike is together and all the hand controls have to be disconnected.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
well this is my project juts for MEEEEEEE!!!!! the rake of the forks is way to much im getting another set http://motorbicycling.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=78213&d=1432592502 this is the cylinder I smoothed it out a lot more http://motorbicycling.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=78214&d=1432592582 and added the reed valve ramped the piston and notched it also adding the diamond Jake's head the H-D bolt lighting ignition and a competition carb with the 32 tooth sprocket it should be a good ride lol

Last edited:

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
well this is my project juts for MEEEEEEE!!!!! the rake of the forks is way to much im getting another set http://motorbicycling.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=78213&d=1432592502 this is the cylinder I smoothed it out a lot more http://motorbicycling.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=78214&d=1432592582 and added the reed valve ramped the piston and notched it also adding the diamond Jake's head the H-D bolt lighting ignition and a competition carb with the 32 tooth sprocket it should be a good ride lol
MAN! I keep going back to that photo & looking at them wide white walls and all that twisted steel and CHROME, and I envision some dude cruising along, humming Margaritaville while watching the tourists on that baby. What a piece of work!

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
First cruise to work of the season for me today. They swept the shoulders yesterday on the last 5 miles of my commute, which is the busy part with traffic the rest is rural along a river. My grin goes ear to ear this morning, it's like my own private lane out there. Gorgeous clear calm sunny day here in Maine, I hope everyone else's Friday is off to as nice a start as mine! (^) Hoping to drill my intake cover and size my HS142F jet this weekend.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
yea the bikes a beauty I even but a light coat of that prismatic paint for the rainbow effect really looks f great in the sun cant wait for the rest of the parts to get here!!!! ill be sure to post a video on here or on my facebook page

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
Very cool & breezy, so today I have fired the ol' soldier up & listened while I spend some time making improvements to my garage. Perhaps a ride around the 'hood in a bit after a walk-around. Difficult to hear the engine over the wind chimes, today.

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Mixed bag for me today. I pulled the carb off my HS142F, sized up the main jet and aerated the stock cover AGK style. I was all excited to get out and test. Then while I was changing the oil, I noticed my crank was loose, went to tighten the cotter pin, and discovered that the threads were stripped, argh! The chainring itself has always been out of round, so at least I have a chance to upgrade it. But now I can't really test my jetting or even ride till I get some new crank parts since I'm on a coaster brake in back. Buddy of mine just said "weld it" and I was seriously considering it but that would just make it harder to remove to fix properly. So kind of a bummer today. I've got my eyes on either one of sportscarpat's cranksets or just going whole hog and setting up an SBP shifter kit which would require rebuilding my rear wheel with a new hub. Gonna see if I can figure something out to safely repair what I've got here in the mean time.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
well waiting on the new springer forks and the red velvet 26" banana seat got my 32 tooth sprocket with the disc brake adapter all squared and trued painted two motors for the next two im building in the next few days I only have 7 kits left and 9 bikes so I guess I have to buy another two kits next week LOL well I only spent $100 in paint the other day for these motors I just love painting them to match the bikes

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I've finally decided that the #64 jet with the needle in the second from the top slot is gonna be the best compromise for my NT Speed carb. It pulls strongly at the bottom end with very minor 4 stroking at a 20 mph cruise, and nothing but 2 cycle fury at wide open throttle. After a 3 mile run at no less than 35mph, the plug chop showed a very light color of tan --- couldn't ask for better.

Gonna leave the current exhaust on it. I did wrap all the conduit joints with FiberFix. This is a fiberglass type material with epoxy embedded in it --- very easy to use and drys rock hard. While the joints worked reasonably well, they did leak a small amount. The FiberFix will seal the leaks and prevent any of the joints from working loose.

I'm glad that I haven't had to rely on the bike for transportation, as it's taken me 2 1/2 years to get it to this point. Maybe the next build will start with better components, but where's the fun in that?!

Last edited:

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
I bought this exhaust a few years ago im going to use a poo poo pipe from a wreck I repaired and attach it so it goes along the bottom of the bike it should look good cateye exhaust1.JPG

Last edited:

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
While doing a bit of cruising on the ol' soldier I made the amazing discovery that leaving just a bit of the choke closed on that nice, new carb seemed to make it a bit more eager to run. This makes me think there's some experimentation ahead. Of course, this may be due to the drilling I've just done on my exhaust, too. I think that engine is just now turning enough miles to be beginning to be broken in - sorry I never kept track of just how many.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
greenblue yellow bike.jpg heres my newest creation bluegreenyellow motor.jpg went a little crazy with the colors but hey this is the new chrome LOL bluegreenyellowtank.jpg don't you just love the prismatic paint wooo the rainbows LOL

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
While doing a bit of cruising on the ol' soldier I made the amazing discovery that leaving just a bit of the choke closed on that nice, new carb seemed to make it a bit more eager to run. This makes me think there's some experimentation ahead. Of course, this may be due to the drilling I've just done on my exhaust, too. I think that engine is just now turning enough miles to be beginning to be broken in - sorry I never kept track of just how many.
I've always found that the engine begins to run leaner as the rings seat. Most like to be set leaner at first, but can be richened a bit later. Whenever I deliver a new engine without running it in well myself, I always send it out a bit on the rich side to allow for this.

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
I've always found that the engine begins to run leaner as the rings seat. Most like to be set leaner at first, but can be richened a bit later. Whenever I deliver a new engine without running it in well myself, I always send it out a bit on the rich side to allow for this.
That is interesting stuff - I think you've got me headed in the proper direction, here. The happy part of all this is, that with the improvements I've done to this little sucker the experimenting is actually fun in the good spring weather.

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
wow why did the pictures turn upside down?????
Hey, it's just as loud upside down as right side up! Besides, if I really wanted to, I could flip those around myself. If anyone pulls in front of you & claims they didn't SEE you, be nice & just smile. That is a great color scheme for spring.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
yea everyone gives me **** about the colors but the people that buy them buy them because of the color choices so I guess I must be doing something right LOL