Can I use a power generator engine for a bicycle motor

GoldenMotor.com

Motor awesomeness

Nov 3, 2014
Illinois
Man, here you are giving advice again or whatever it is you always do and yet you admit here in this post that you haven't been able to finish even one build, I dont want to be rude or come across as if Im in attack mode but you need to just read, learn and then figure out how to finish your own bike or bikes, before you start giving advice to others.

Have you ever considered that you could give some advice that someone could use because they didnt know any better and that advice ma6 direct them to do something that could get them hurt bad or even worse.

For goodness sakes, quit advising people on here when you dont even know what you're doing yet, this isnt an advice competition, we tell people what we thing they should or shouldn't do based on our personal experience, not just a bunch of blabbering off the top of our heads.

Im not hating on you BOYGOFAST, but seriously... you need to quit advising people on here until you have some personal experience with having success with yourown builds.
Mapbike, did you know i give good advice on fixing cars on google+ ask me which channel, ill link it.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
"How do i make my motorized bicycle with a 212 cc engine to be legally defined as a LOW SPEED GAS POWERED BICYCLE as the state calls it?"

Give it up. You aren't going to make that legal. Why are you so insistent on something that isn't advisable in the first place, probably would not work, is likely to result in personal injury and isn't anywhere close to legal? And act like it is a tragedy and travesty of justice that you can't do it?

Why do we keep advising you when you have no interest in listening to common sense? What is so awful about a 50cc motor bicycle? And an 80cc looks just like the 50cc. so who's to know? A lot of great builders here on this forum are running some very cool bikes with those motors. I don't get what your problem is. Maybe this isn't for you. Wait and save up for a motorcycle or a car if you want to go real fast. I give up.
SB

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Mapbike, did you know i give good advice on fixing cars on google+ ask me which channel, ill link it.
OK.....lol

What makes you think I need "good advice on fixing cars" ?

Just curious, not being hateful here.

I've been working on and fixing my vehicles for about 30+ years, what advice are you wanting to give.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yep for sure the only other way is to license it as a motorcycle,and that is insurance and all that goes along with it. Minnesota is the same way 50cc and 2hp 20mph ....All the guys running them big engines on the forum are illegal even in CA the max is 4hp ...........Curt

Motor awesomeness

Nov 3, 2014
Illinois
Ill dumb this down: silverbear, i do have interest in the kits but i got cash instead of a debit card. Also a new kit requires a couple hundred miles break in process requiring proper 2 stroke oil which is expensive, the 4 strike kits on the other hand also require break in and i mess uo the break in, motor is done. The advantages of using a power generator engine like my 6.5 hp backup generator is its already been ran so no break in, just install and ride is what im going for.

And mapbike: i didnt ask if u need advice, it was a little fact

Motor awesomeness

Nov 3, 2014
Illinois
Yep for sure the only other way is to license it as a motorcycle,and that is insurance and all that goes along with it. Minnesota is the same way 50cc and 2hp 20mph ....All the guys running them big engines on the forum are illegal even in CA the max is 4hp ...........Curt
Wyoming has no laws on motorized bicycles. Probs cause its a rural state mostly and half a million people only live there

Motor awesomeness

Nov 3, 2014
Illinois
"How do i make my motorized bicycle with a 212 cc engine to be legally defined as a LOW SPEED GAS POWERED BICYCLE as the state calls it?"

Give it up. You aren't going to make that legal. Why are you so insistent on something that isn't advisable in the first place, probably would not work, is likely to result in personal injury and isn't anywhere close to legal? And act like it is a tragedy and travesty of justice that you can't do it?

Why do we keep advising you when you have no interest in listening to common sense? What is so awful about a 50cc motor bicycle? And an 80cc looks just like the 50cc. so who's to know? A lot of great builders here on this forum are running some very cool bikes with those motors. I don't get what your problem is. Maybe this isn't for you. Wait and save up for a motorcycle or a car if you want to go real fast. I give up.
SB
I want to be creative and a ride to school as its just a few hundred feet from my house and a ride around town

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
It seems that you are going to go ahead with this build even though you have been well advised against it.

What you are suggesting is not safe. You should not do it.

Please, at the very least, keep that in your mind while you are doing this. It may keep you out of a wheelchair for the rest of your life. This is not an exaggeration.

I'll pass on something my dad told me- Only YOU are responsible for keeping you alive.

I too, give up.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Ill dumb this down: silverbear, i do have interest in the kits but i got cash instead of a debit card. Also a new kit requires a couple hundred miles break in process requiring proper 2 stroke oil which is expensive, the 4 strike kits on the other hand also require break in and i mess uo the break in, motor is done. The advantages of using a power generator engine like my 6.5 hp backup generator is its already been ran so no break in, just install and ride is what im going for.

Motor awesomeness, Let me dumb THIS down for you. First, no one on this site thinks your idea is a good one,It's dangerous and illegal. Second, A break in for a two stroke is easy, JUST RIDE IT. THIRD, I buy my 2 stroke oil at walmart, CHEAP!!!
Maybe you and Boygofast can get together and build a bike, At least BGF would finally get ONE bike built. Of course he would have you put it together with wood screws. elmers glue and bailing wire, But you obviously don't care about a proper build, evidenced by the many experts you ignore.
You were given a REAL good idea and ignored it, SELL the gen. and buy a kit.
I don't know why people are even still trying to help you. You keep saying "ALL I HAVE IS CASH". I know a lot of people without bank cards, but I also know a few people that have them. Maybe your mommie or daddy have one, put the cash in their account and order a freaking kit. C;mon dude, how hard can it be. I know yer young, but yer dealing with the grownups now.
So PLEASE, give it up, On THIS site anyway. No one here is gonna help you kill yerself
fatdaddy.usflg

Last edited:

Motor awesomeness

Nov 3, 2014
Illinois
Yes it's not advisable, but I got nothin to do as I live in a condo, no garage, no room to build stuff and that's what I'm interested in. And yes, I read all the warnings about safety and i did some pretty dangerous things like driving a pocket bike with no brakes, bicycle with no brakes, a racing atv with with only front brakes just to list a couple.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Yes it's not advisable, but I got nothin to do as I live in a condo, no garage, no room to build stuff and that's what I'm interested in. And yes, I read all the warnings about safety and i did some pretty dangerous things like driving a pocket bike with no brakes, bicycle with no brakes, a racing atv with with only front brakes just to list a couple.
Well then, I speak for no one else, BUT, I'm done here. Ya cant help someone that wont take yer hand. I'm also guessing you have NO FRIENDS. When I was your age I knew a few guys that had a garage or backyard I could work in. So, find an account you can use, Mom or dads, find a friends backyard to work in. GET CREATIVE KID. It's time to start using yer head. I don't get irritated easily, But I do have a low threshold for B.S. I'M DONE!!!!!
fatdaddy.usflg

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Honestly kid you're dumbing yourself down on here, you live in a condo, have no experience with doing much it seems, you want us to look to you for advice for fix8ng a car and yet you're clueless on how to properly and safely build up a bicycle with an engine on it.....come on......lol

We have tried to be nice and give you wise, helpful advice because we want to see you accomplish a fun, enjoyable and safe motorized bicycle, but you refuse to take good sound advice and instead seem to think you have a better idea than the people here that have been building all sorts of things since before you were even squeezed out on this earth.

Wake up kid and pay attention to good advice that is meant to help you out and ould possibly save you some serious pain or maybe even your life.

quit being a know it all, be a man and listen to what you've been told here.

I wish you the best, but you need to do as advised here and just buy a 2 smoker kit or forget the whole thing and wait till you have the ability and place to build you a good bike.

Reactions: UtiliD

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
'bout time to give this one a rest, guys. We've taken it about as far it will go. Don't ya think? We tried and that's all we're expected to do. Now it's up to the OP to take it from here.
Good luck my young friend.

Tom

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Best wishes is all I can offer Motor awesomeness, just be careful and when the 212cc front wheel FD set up doesn't work out well, order you a china girl kit, come on back, humble yourself and let us help you build a potentially safer more reliable motorized bicycle that you can enjoy and show off to your buddies.

No hate or hard feelings here at all, we really do want to help you out.

Peace, Shan