Hello and Greetings..!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Bert

Apr 27, 2012
Miami Florida
Hello to everyone first and foremost,i just became an official member of the forum,and i just want to say thanks to everyone for all the info that has been posted concerning these little engines its been a wealth of very useful information.....i have been tinkering with these engines on and off for about three years maybe four,and i tell ya just to add this......it has taken me a lot of hours,burrs,and setting up to get this thing to break 40mph,a whole lot more than just slapping on a pipe and a gear,it could also be that im 6'3 and 290#........lol...oh that's without a jack-shaft kit by the way....i thought it would be easy to reach 40mph the way everyone talks about their bike going 40mph,which now i am skeptical about when someones says there bike is going 40mph when the just slapped a pipe on.....well that just been my experience..i shall post some pictures of the (Wasp) what i call the bike..lol as soon as i get my cable for my camera..once again thanks and hello to everyone.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Bert,
Welcome. You're right to be skeptical about speed claims. We try to discourage them because they are typically a source of trouble. One thing to keep in mind, "It's a bicycle, not a motorcycle". Bicycles are not designed for some of the speeds you'll see claimed so don't be too anxious to attain that magic 40 mark unless you have taken into consideration, rims, tires, bearings and most importantly, brakes.
With that said, have fun, enjoy your build and above all, ride safe.

Tom

Bert

Apr 27, 2012
Miami Florida
Hey 2door thank you as well for the greeting and response.....by the way,thanks for your concern for my safety.....and at 290# i have taken into consideration what you have said about the equipment....i have fitted the (Wasp)my bikes name..lol..with grade 8 axles heavy duty bearings heavy gauge spokes and disk brakes and not to mention reinforced tubes and tires.....i will be posting pics as i mentioned as soon as i get my usb cable for the camera....once again thanks for the welcome...!!!!!